Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2007 5:06:34 AM EDT
Local guy had a SP-1 sn# 167,xxx (1100$)
2 -400 rds sealed SA  battle packs (175$)
500 rds sealed 1/2 case of black boxed wolf (50$)
8 30 round usgi mags (80$)
4 20 usgi mags (3 colt, 1 adv line) (20$)

The sp-1 finish and furniture is in ex shape. Only peave is that the some asswad tried taking it apart with non propper flat head screw driver and slightly bugerd the pivot pin and rear buttplate screw heads. Trying to find replacements!. The sp-1's are very hard to find in Peoples republic of MD!  Also the flash hider isnt lined up strait.. the 2 biggest slots on the hider arent vertical up and down.( 30 degree angle) Ive seen a few like that at shows. Is that common or has it been bubba'd??

SO i ended up shelling out 1425 for everything,  Not a bad price but the guy wouldnt budge on the gun price. So i figured i saved money by taking the ammo and mags. I can always let go a few of the mags to recoup some ammo.

Also he threw in a (tap trigger??)  fake full auto? Never heard of?
and few chargers and  stripper clips, and a blank firing adapter. Anybody want any of these things for a slight price??

Would like to get out today and test for function, will go good with my bushy a3 20" hbar.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The Wolf alone was a pretty good score- it is runing closer to $90 per 500 these days.  If the SP-1 is in excellent condition you didn't do too bad, especially if MD has those wierd gun laws.

If you can't find replacement screws right away, you should be able to use a ball peen hammer and some files to clean up the screw slots carefully, and you could even probably get some parking solution to touch them up.

Repalcement screws are available, teh A1 buttstock screws are available at both brownells and midway usa.  I have several New Old Stock lower A1 stock screws still in the original wrap and if you want I will send you one for free in an evelope, just IM me your address.

Not clear what you are referring to in regards to the flash hider- is it an A1 or and A2 flash hider?  None of the slots in the flash hider slots should be larger than any of the others...could you post a picture?  If you are referring to the 'wrench flats" on the rear portion of the flash hider, they are not supposed to align any particular orientation, they are merely there so you can use a special wrench to torque the flash hider to the proper inch-pounds.

In any case pics man, post pics!
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#2]
its a a1 flash hider. If  the flat spots on the flas hider were strait up and down  the top and bottom slotin in break are a hair bigger. same shape as the other slots just a bit bigger.

But like you said most of the sp1's are just on there until tight. My bushmaster ar flash hider flat spots are strait up and down.  Ill try to post a pic. Thanks for the offer on the lower screw. Ill send a ya a pm.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
of the sixty Colt/H&R/ Hydramatic div. of G.M.  M-16A1's/XM16E1's in my arms room had the alignment you speak. of in fact no two birdcages were aligned alike. just torqed to value.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:00:10 AM EDT
[#4]
i measured the slots on the flash hider widths, and they are the same. so i guess my eyes are just fooling me.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top