Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 8:31:39 AM EDT
I have collected all the big parts to do my 3-4 retro's with the exception of the long awaited NDS lower and the lower parts kit.  I realize I could try to collect all the correct parts over a period of time, but not sure it is worth the effort.  I am only going to shoot these rifles.  Is a DPMS lower kit a good way to begin this project?  Seems like you can get all the springs and pins and such at a pretty reasonable cost.  I do realize that some of the exposed pins would not give good credence to a good retro build....  I do like my RR trigger in the M4 I have, but in their adds they do not give enough information to understand if all the parts needed will be included for the 180.00 they are asking.  I am sure this is a commonly encountered problem, but it is one I have been stewing over for quite some time.  Any guidance around this issue would be helpful.  My retro will be a 1969-70 era M16a1.
TIA
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#1]
My Semi-retro is built on a DMPS lower. It runs and looks fine;

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#3]
You should take a look at RB Precision on the Industry Forum. They sell a lower parts kit for $51. If you don't need the A2 grip the LPK would cost you $50. The folks at RB are good people and a pleasure to deal with.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top