Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/31/2006 2:58:06 PM EDT
Guys, I'm trying to sell this for a friend but have no idea how much is worth...could you help me out.

There is scratch in front of ejection door..

The receiver is cast and rest is colt A1 parts I think ..the bolt has MP stamp on it but no C stamp on the carrier. There are two square marks stake in between the screws on the gas key. It looks very old.

Thanks

sorry guys ..it's corrected now

Man! some tough customers!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Guys, I'm trying to sell this for a friend but have no idea how much is worth...could you help me out.

The receiver is cast iron and rest is colt A1 parts I think ..the bolt has MP stamp on it but no C stamp on the carrier. There are two square marks stake in between the screws on the gas key. It looks very old.

Thanks

Can you post some pictures because it sounds like it would be better to part it out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
cast IRON?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
i was under the impression all essentials cast lowers were aluminum, not iron or steel. does it attract a magnet?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
$500-600 depending on condition, and parts. We ned pics to be sure.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
cast IRON?

What’s so strange about that? Cast Iron lowers are some of the best made, you just need to know how to properly “season” them.

1) Begin the seasoning process by warming the lower receiver in the oven for a few minutes then applying a little CLP, shortenting, vegetable cooking spray, lard or bacon fat.

2) Put the lower receiver back into a 225 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove and wipe it almost dry to eliminate any pooled grease or oil.

3)Place the lower in the oven for another half hour or so, completing the initial seasoning. The seasoning process will continue with each range session, especially if you use it to bump fire.

4)To clean after shooting, boil the lower receiver in hot water. Let it soak for several minutes and then wipe dry with a paper towel. Reheat the lower receiver and apply just enough CLP to wet the surface before storing

You can kill two birds with one stone by frying bacon on one...
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#7]
mabey about $700 ?

btw, what is up with that hole(?) near the SAFE marking?
Link Posted: 11/18/2006 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top