Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2006 2:01:07 PM EDT
After lots of searching.....I finally found an original "dimpled" selector and proper front swivel for the 601 replica.....and a few other goodies.....

A couple of the "1 in circle" 20 rounders.....what is the story behind these???

And the find of the day.... for the XM-177 project.....verrrrry early PWA commando A1 lower

Spent less than 300.00 for all of it, and couldn't be happier!!!! I look for sellers at gun shows who don't look "internet-savvy" anymore when it comes to retro parts
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy crap dude!! You keep getting these awesome deals! I need to start going to gun shows..

ETA: I believe the "1 in circle" 20 round mags were the first to ship with the first SP1s? Might wanna ask someone else though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
All we have is overpriced junk at our gun shows.  We're down to 2 good booths.

Ditto down here. Except we rarely have any good booths.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Same here!

Great finds, Villafuego.

Mike

Quoted:
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Cyclic....what part of LA are ya in?.....I picked it all up at the show in New Orleans today (Kenner actually).....there were quite a few very early 20" barrels at the show, and a Colt 11.5 bbl that some ass-clown had drilled/tapped the FSB for screws rather than taper pins (250.00 for it if I remember)
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Cyclic....what part of LA are ya in?.....I picked it all up at the show in New Orleans today (Kenner actually).....there were quite a few very early 20" barrels at the show, and a Colt 11.5 bbl that some ass-clown had drilled/tapped the FSB for screws rather than taper pins (250.00 for it if I remember)

I'm around Lafayette. I usually go as far as Baton Rouge for shows and they've always sucked. I've never been to the Kenner show, but I'm going to absolutely have to check out a Kenner show. Where the barrels all at the same booth?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow! You scored!

And you know, there's plenty of space to engrave 'XM177E2' on that lower...

I am pleased vicariously.

I did see a PWA on a mixmaster rifle, with those old funny rib mock A2 handguards, for about $600 at Chantilly, VA a few months back.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm around Lafayette. I usually go as far as Baton Rouge for shows and they've always sucked. I've never been to the Kenner show, but I'm going to absolutely have to check out a Kenner show. Where the barrels all at the same booth?

I saw about 3 different vendors with them....one guy had 2 pre-chrome bore barrels for 125.00 each. One of them was an "M and (verified proof)" under the FSB and "12" with a small "s" before it behind the muzzle. If it didn't have a chewed up bbl nut (requiring fsb removal to replace) I'd have bought it. No early uppers though.
   I immediately go to the tables with the old guy, a couple of bolt action 12 gauges, and tupperware filled with parts. Most AR guys just walk right past since he doesn't have any mag-pulls or rail fore-ends for sale.......
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw about 3 different vendors with them....one guy had 2 pre-chrome bore barrels for 125.00 each. One of them was an "M and (verified proof)" under the FSB and "12" with a small "s" before it behind the muzzle. If it didn't have a chewed up bbl nut (requiring fsb removal to replace) I'd have bought it. No early uppers though.
   I immediately go to the tables with the old guy, a couple of bolt action 12 gauges, and tupperware filled with parts. Most AR guys just walk right past since he doesn't have any mag-pulls or rail fore-ends for sale.......

That's actually a good idea. I havent been to a gun show since I got into retro, besides Knob Creek, so I havent been able to really LOOK for parts. Gotta find out when the next one is in Jax.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Our show here, sucked for retro parts....

You guys get all the luck..

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top