Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2017 8:59:22 PM EDT
I'm considering a 13.7" Ballistics Advantage barrel in 5.56 (carbine gas system) in a pistol build.  I've read all kinds of stuff about carbines or middys having issues with pistol tubes/buffers.  

What would be a good buffer in my build?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Dependent upon the ammo you chose to use, but for quality ammo, you should be fine with an H or H2
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dependent upon the ammo you chose to use, but for quality ammo, you should be fine with an H or H2
View Quote
thanks.  I'm thinking I'll stick to 75gr GDHPs since I've been sitting on about 5k of them for years after PSA had a sale.  I only see them discount the 64gr GDHPs these days
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Im not sure how much, if any spare parts you have on hand. I have accumulated a few bits over the years.
If you have to buy one, I would start with an H2 for that ammo and barrel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Or just build your own with KAK  configurable buffer kit and make any weight you want and then some.

Buffer system
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
That's interesting!  Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 10.5" pistol with the carbine gas system, 5.56mm.  I use an H2 and it has worked great so far, only have put 70 rounds through it but no hiccups.  I also have a 7.5" with the pistol gas system and use an H, also with no hiccups, but about 500 rounds so far.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top