Aero Precision Stainless Steel Gas Tube - Pistol Length

Seekins Precision MCSR V2 M-LOK Modular Rail - 9"

Spikes Tactical Barking Spider2 Krink Brake - 5/8x24

Radian Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle Assembly AR-15 Aluminum

Aero Precision AR15 Stripped Lower Receiver, Gen 2 - Anodized Black

KAK Shockwave Blade Pistol Stabilizer - Black

KAK Shockwave Tube

Daniel Defense Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment with Swivel

Spike's Tactical Lower Parts Kit (Without Fire Control Group)

Anderson Manufacturing Oops Kit

ELF Match Trigger

Noveske Short Throw Selector - 60 Degree - Ambidextrous

Magpul MIAD Gen 1.1 AR15 Adaptable Grip Type 1 - Black

Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot

Primary Arms Lower 1/3 Cowitness Micro Dot Riser

Primary Arms 3X Red Dot Magnifier GEN III

Primary Arms Flip To Side Magnifier Mount - Standard Height

Will be putting it together when I get home next weekend.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
running a RDS?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
running a RDS?
View Quote
Edited to add optics.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
That's an awful lot of name brand parts for a "truck gun".  When I think of a truck gun, I think of something cheap that I won't feel too bad if somebody breaks in and steals it.  Like a $200 RIA model 206.   Your list of parts looks like you're already well over $1000.

Your list of parts looks like it needs a buffer spring, buffer, and all important fire control group and sights.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's an awful lot of name brand parts for a "truck gun".  When I think of a truck gun, I think of something cheap that I won't feel too bad if somebody breaks in and steals it.  Like a $200 RIA model 206.   Your list of parts looks like you're already well over $1000.

Your list of parts looks like it needs a buffer spring, buffer, and all important fire control group and sights.
View Quote
Got the buffer stuff already.  And edited to include the elftman match trigger.

My truck is a semi, I travel most of the country.  Truck gun in my case means pistol that I can carry loaded in the truck in all the states tjat recognise my CCW permits.  It'll get abused, I  don't care if it gets scratched and dinged.

Thanks for pointing out the omissions on my list. The point of thread is to make sure I haven't missed anything obvious or bought parts that don't work together.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I personally would not put an ELF trigger in a truck gun. They are fine triggers but they have to be tuned. I would recommend a more standard/rugged designed mil spec fire control group, maybe ALG or Spike's enhanced battle trigger.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:44:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Only one mistake: Change the MIAD grip to Magpul K2+. There, Fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Only one mistake: Change the MIAD grip to Magpul K2+. There, Fixed it for ya!
View Quote
Why?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:46:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Why?
Because it has a little more vertical angle than the MIAD and since AR Pistols are often fired against the cheek or in a more compact configuration in general being closer to the face, the K2 grip offers a more natural firing position. I mentioned the K2+ specifically because it has a rubber coating that feels better and resists slipping. The MIAD is a great grip for rifle configurations but for a pistol I much prefer the K2+. Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:21:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why?
Because it has a little more vertical angle than the MIAD and since AR Pistols are often fired against the cheek or in a more compact configuration in general being closer to the face, the K2 grip offers a more natural firing position. I mentioned the K2+ specifically because it has a rubber coating that feels better and resists slipping. The MIAD is a great grip for rifle configurations but for a pistol I much prefer the K2+. Just my two cents.
View Quote
Thank you for that.  I just assembled the gun tonight, so I'll pay attention to how that grip works now.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thank you for that.  I just assembled the gun tonight, so I'll pay attention to how that grip works now.
View Quote
Let's see some pics of the build
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?
Well you don't know what you haven't experienced, when you try a more vertical grip it will be like a light turning on in a dark room and then you will see.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Let's see some pics of the build
View Quote
Here's one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm kinda curious how well a 3x magnifier and the non-existent cheek weld of the shockwave work out together.  I've got that same red dot, mount, and magnifier combo and I don't see it working so well.  It's just too hard to shoulder the brace and tiny tube and put your face where you can see through the magnifier.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Very Nice!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Very Nice!
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm kinda curious how well a 3x magnifier and the non-existent cheek weld of the shockwave work out together.  I've got that same red dot, mount, and magnifier combo and I don't see it working so well.  It's just too hard to shoulder the brace and tiny tube and put your face where you can see through the magnifier.
View Quote
I'll let you know as soon as I get the right magnifier mount.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#17]
On the short barreled rifles / pistols I like to put on a hand stop like the one SLR offers. It's easy to have your forward appendages get too close to the muzzle when gripping the weapon. For me, it acts as an index to prevent me from shooting my fingers off May not seem like a big deal when shooting at the range off a bench but when you are moving and shooting it comes in handy. Just a personal preference...

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=97_98&product_id=364

Nice build.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
On the short barreled rifles / pistols I like to put on a hand stop like the one SLR offers. It's easy to have your forward appendages get too close to the muzzle when gripping the weapon. For me, it acts as an index to prevent me from shooting my fingers off May not seem like a big deal when shooting at the range off a bench but when you are moving and shooting it comes in handy. Just a personal preference...

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=97_98&product_id=364

Nice build.
View Quote
Awesome idea.  I first put on a magpul afg, but then decided I needed a bipod mount.  I could put the afg behind the mount,  but would have to remove it to actually attach the bipod. I think a handstop will fit a lot better, so I just ordered one.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Cool gun OP!  You also have a good attitude which is nice to see around here.  

I've got hand stops on my LWRC DI and I became a big fan
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I was encouraged to build a "budget" truck gun but I didn't think my life was any less important on the road.

You did well good buddy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Meh. My trunk gun has two stamps and several Larue parts. 

Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I havent built my "truck gun" lower, but if you ever need it to get home....
A 40rd pmag would make a nice addition to a truck gun.

I would have said the magpul 60 Rd drum, but I'm reading NOT FOR 300 BLK.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top