Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2017 9:55:48 PM EDT
I want to know what pistol grip for the AR-15 is the most vertical?

MagPul K2+ ?

Tactical DPW Grip ?

UCWRG/B5 grip 23 ?

BMC Gunfighter Mod 1 or Mod 3 ?

Other ?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
They're all so close I'd base the decision more on girth, reach and texture.  I still struggle to pick between the BCM Mod 3 and the K2+ as I have both.  I use the K2+ for my precision rig as it's flatter around back for a square index surface for my thumb's palm to brace against during the trigger press.  The BCM is a little more slender overall and easier to wring at the top for security and a deeper trigger finger placement.  It's hard but fairly grippy with some rough texturing.  I like it on my SBR/general purpose lower.  It also looks the best IMO.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I have BCM on my two pistols.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:31:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought the Battle Arms Adjustable Grip and tried all angles to see what I liked then Sold it for Magpul K2+
xTech & Hexmag make the same style Adjustable grips that cost less than the BAD. xTech grip style looks like it would fit the hand better. Wilson Combat grip is made by BCM. Umbrella Corporation grip 23 looks about 15 degrees.

Tactical Link PDW 14 degree most vertical grip I could find.

BAD-ATG ADJUSTABLE TACTICAL GRIP - BLACK
Adjustable Tactical Grip easily adjusts, with the included hex key, to each of the three most popular industry proven angles (17, 25, & 33 degrees)

xTech ATG Adjustable Tactical Grip (17, 25, & 33 degrees).
three most popular industry proven angles (17, 25, & 33 degrees).

Hexmag AR-15/AR-10 TACTICAL GRIPS WITH THREE- ANGLE ADJUSTMENT
This patented tactical grip delivers three angles — 17 degrees for pistols/SBRs,
25 degrees for standard angle or 33 degrees for long range.

TACTICAL LINK PDW GRIP FOR AR STYLE RIFLES - BLACK
Shooter Refined Ergonomics: at 14 degrees, the PDW Grip is 235% (19 degrees) more vertical than the standard A2 grip and is the most comfortable and relaxing grip on the marketplace

Houge AR15 / M16 15 Degree Vertical No Finger Groove Polymer Black

EPG16V2 – Engage AR15/M16 Pistol Grip Version 2
15 degree angle improves comfort and control.

Wilson Combat/BCM Starburst Gunfighter Grip, Black
The BCM Gunfighter Grip (GFG) features:
Reduced angle for improved ergonomics.
Hinged trap door offering storage inside the grip with a water resistant rubber gasket.
Made in the USA and manufactured from high quality impact resistant polymers.
Mod-3 has rear tang filler for a larger grip to fit gloved and non-gloved users.
Exclusive Wilson Combat Starburst pattern for a signature look and improved traction.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The B5/Umbrella is very close to vertical. It's a little bit thick, but the front of the strap sits almost vertical, and the rear strap slopes a tiny bit more. It's very nice on my ar-15 pistol/pdw.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the Magpul K2 (not the K2+) which doesn't have the rubber outer texture. It's a bit slimmer than the K2+ and doesn't get that sticky rubber feeling.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#6]
How straight do you want?  Legos tend to be very straight.  The safety detent spring might be difficult.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Can't believe no one's mentioned the Tango Down flip grip yet

Quoted:
I bought the Battle Arms Adjustable Grip and tried all angles to see what I liked then Sold it for Magpul K2+
xTech & Hexmag make the same style Adjustable grips that cost less than the BAD. xTech grip style looks like it would fit the hand better. Wilson Combat grip is made by BCM. Umbrella Corporation grip 23 looks about 15 degrees.

Tactical Link PDW 14 degree most vertical grip I could find.

BAD-ATG ADJUSTABLE TACTICAL GRIP - BLACK
Adjustable Tactical Grip easily adjusts, with the included hex key, to each of the three most popular industry proven angles (17, 25, & 33 degrees)

xTech ATG Adjustable Tactical Grip (17, 25, & 33 degrees).
three most popular industry proven angles (17, 25, & 33 degrees).

Hexmag AR-15/AR-10 TACTICAL GRIPS WITH THREE- ANGLE ADJUSTMENT
This patented tactical grip delivers three angles — 17 degrees for pistols/SBRs,
25 degrees for standard angle or 33 degrees for long range.

TACTICAL LINK PDW GRIP FOR AR STYLE RIFLES - BLACK
Shooter Refined Ergonomics: at 14 degrees, the PDW Grip is 235% (19 degrees) more vertical than the standard A2 grip and is the most comfortable and relaxing grip on the marketplace

Houge AR15 / M16 15 Degree Vertical No Finger Groove Polymer Black

EPG16V2 – Engage AR15/M16 Pistol Grip Version 2
15 degree angle improves comfort and control.

Wilson Combat/BCM Starburst Gunfighter Grip, Black
The BCM Gunfighter Grip (GFG) features:
Reduced angle for improved ergonomics.
Hinged trap door offering storage inside the grip with a water resistant rubber gasket.
Made in the USA and manufactured from high quality impact resistant polymers.
Mod-3 has rear tang filler for a larger grip to fit gloved and non-gloved users.
Exclusive Wilson Combat Starburst pattern for a signature look and improved traction.
View Quote
Ergo swift grip is another one missing from your list

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top