Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/30/2015 12:25:44 PM EDT
Anybody run a Vltor A5 for their pistols? I am looking at using it with an 11.5 in barrel. Also I am thinking about putting an SBX Sig brace on it and was wondering how the tube worked with the brace. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I am unaware of any pistol tubes that have the proper internal dimensions for an A5 buffer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I am referring to Vltor's pistol buffer tube for their A5 system.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I see on their website it was released this year and noticed it was compatible with most arm braces  https://www.vltor.com/shop/a5-system/pistol-a5-the-vltor-a5-pistol-kit/      *Disclaimer* I am not affiliated in anyway with Vltor, I am just curious how it runs in an AR pistol setup.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I see on their website it was released this year and noticed it was compatible with most arm braces https://www.vltor.com/shop/a5-system/pistol-a5-the-vltor-a5-pistol-kit/ *Disclaimer* I am not affiliated in anyway with Vltor, I am just curious how it runs in an AR pistol setup.
View Quote

I made the link hot: https://www.vltor.com/shop/a5-system/pistol-a5-the-vltor-a5-pistol-kit/

This is the first time I've seen it.  Given how many people use the A5 with good success on SBR's I think it will work just fine on a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I see on their website it was released this year and noticed it was compatible with most arm braces  https://www.vltor.com/shop/a5-system/pistol-a5-the-vltor-a5-pistol-kit/      *Disclaimer* I am not affiliated in anyway with Vltor, I am just curious how it runs in an AR pistol setup.
View Quote

I wonder which of the three buffer tube based arm braces it is not compatible with?  

- OS
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a good question. Well I just ordered it so I will let y'all know how it works out. This was supposed to be a budget build too
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#7]
$110 bucks!  dam!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag to know if this buffer tube +10.5 barrel would make it >26"?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wouldn't think so, says "Length of tube from the end to the knurling: 6.45”. The knurled ring is maybe .5" at most looks like.

Both KAK SB15 tubes extend 8.45" from end of receiver or endplate.

- OS
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wouldn't think so, says "Length of tube from the end to the knurling: 6.45”. The knurled ring is maybe .5" at most looks like.

- OS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Thanks! Guess the KAK super tube is still a bit short by 1/2" to reach the OAL of 26"?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks! Guess the KAK super tube is still a bit short by 1/2" to reach the OAL of 26"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Either KAK SB15 tube makes a 10.5" barreled AR somewhat more than 26.5", not counting muzzle device.

- OS
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top