Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2015 1:45:34 PM EDT
I just test fired my first ever ar-15 pistol build... couple problems i had.... light hammer strikes... and it consistantly will not cycle the next round.. so first off... who can tell me reasons for why this might be happening...  
its a spikes lower,  YHM clamp on gas block, phase 5 tactical hex-2c complete pistol buffer tube kit. and a 7.5 in 5.56 faxon firearms Barrel
Could it be the gas block? could the buffer spring be too powerful ? any ideas
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you check the head spacing? That could be the cause of your light primer strikes. I would also try a different bolt carrier group. See if your hammer spring is installed correctly and make sure it's not a reduced power spring (I doubt that's the problem).

As for your cycling issue, try to re-align your gas block or if you can, try a different gas block. In rare cases, the gas port diameter can be too small - I bought a barrel last year from a reputable company with this issue. If you're using a mil-spec carbine buffer spring (about 11" long) then that should't ever be the problem.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top