Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2014 12:21:24 PM EDT
Looking to pick up the last few pieces for my pistol build... one of those is a quad rail.  I'm not exactly sure what I need to be looking for.  The barrel is a 7.5" RRA... I would like the rail to cover most, if not all of the barrel.  This is kind of a budget build, so I'm looking for something in the $100 or less range, new or used.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep checking E.E.
I picked up used 8" Troy rail for $100. I bought it for an 8.2" barrell but I wish I would have gotten a 10".
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks jc, will do!  When you say you wish you would have gotten a 10" ... do you mean a 10" rail?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.
I installed a KX3 linear comp  and I would like the rail to cover part of the comp. I think it looks a llittle cleaner and a little more useful (2" more handgaurd)
I love the barrell 8.2" Blackout.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a Midwest Industries 7" Handguard on a 7" Barrel.  It covers about 1" of the Claymore.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.
I installed a KX3 linear comp  and I would like the rail to cover part of the comp. I think it looks a llittle cleaner and a little more useful (2" more handgaurd)
I love the barrell 8.2" Blackout.
View Quote

Right on...that's kind of the look I'm going for... so I guess I should be looking for something closer to 9" rail.  Does that sound right?  

I would also need to be sure that the rail would clear the comp.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#6]
9" rail would be perfect for a 7.5" barrel  in my opinion.
My Troy Alpha Rail was easy to attach to standard barrel nut and clears the comp.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice build SCUL
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top