Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2014 11:04:48 PM EDT
I need some serious help choosing an optic. I'm building a 7.5in 68 pistol.
Anyway, This is my first AR pistol & my first build. I do not have the luxury of trying out different optics so I'm hoping that I can find something decent based on other peoples experiences.
I've used a red dot, but because of my astigmatism the red dot becomes red dots and isn't clear without glasses. I would love a red dot if it wasn't for that. I need something I can use, say if perhaps I didn't have time to grab my glasses or they were smashed/lost whatever. Maybe a SHTF situation. I'd like to keep the cost down as much as possible, but I don't want junk. I'd like to be able to resell it if I want to upgrade or decide I don't like it so I don't want a $30 airsoft knockoff but I'd like to keep it under 400 (the less the better, best quality for the money is what I want). If there is a RED DOT that will work with somebody having an astigmatism please bring that to my attention. I purchased a cheap CV tactical to try out and thats when I learned about the issue - when I searched online to why i see multiple red dots. Thanks !
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:34:22 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have astigmatism bad (like I do) red dots are worthless without glasses or contacts. Eotechs seem a little better, but I still need correction or its a no go. You would have to  get a magnified scope, or a prizmatic (luepold) to keep from having an issue.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I have astigmatism.  I found that the eotechs worked for me and the aimpoint pro had very little blurring.   I'd check those out to see if it affects you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm using the Leupold Prismatic with the circle dot reticle. Despite the tacticool guys that say it's useless due to poor battery life of the illumination module, I rarely use the illum so it works for me.

Burris just came out with something similar recently, as well.
http://www.burrisoptics.com/ar1x.html

My eyes are good (well, the shooting one, anyway). I just prefer low mag scopes vs red dots and holographic.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top