BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/17/2013 5:29:05 AM EDT
Wife is going to buy me one for Christmas is the sig store the only place that sells it?
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#1]
No, try Ebay.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 5:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Palmetto State and other industry partners of this site have them from time to time cheaper than the Sig site.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 5:55:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

oos
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I will pass it along to the wife
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#6]
eBay. Find one that accept offers. You can get it down to $115 shipped. Trust me
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
eBay. Find one that accept offers. You can get it down to $115 shipped. Trust me
View Quote

Yep....We've bought 4 of them from that guy.  He has his "AUTO ACCEPT" set
at $115 with free shipping.  I actually got his to manually accept an offer of $111
on my last one.  Below $110 is set to "AUTO DECLINE"....I felt like pushing the
limits on the last one.  

Here's one of them....

Link Posted: 11/17/2013 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a link to the eBay store?
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

IM Sent......go get it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#10]
A little off topic but how are these legal? Does it matter how you use it? I'm not sure I would want this thing strapped to my arm as it seems like you would have to shoot it like a handgun. But what if you install it to the pistol buffer tube and then bring it up to your shoulder and make a cheek weld. That seems kind of iffy in terms of legality.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
IM Sent......go get it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

IM Sent......go get it.

Care to share that link with the rest of us?
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A little off topic but how are these legal? Does it matter how you use it? I'm not sure I would want this thing strapped to my arm as it seems like you would have to shoot it like a handgun. But what if you install it to the pistol buffer tube and then bring it up to your shoulder and make a cheek weld. That seems kind of iffy in terms of legality.
View Quote

once again the ATF can not tell you how to hold the gun, only what can be attached. If you want to hang upside down and shoot it with your dick then by all means go for it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IM Sent......go get it.

Never mind found the link on eBay....
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

once again the ATF can not tell you how to hold the gun, only what can be attached. If you want to hang upside down and shoot it with your dick then by all means go for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

challenge accepted.

I wish there was more clarity about this to be honest.  I wish the ATF would just post a letter saying that you can fire it from the shoulder.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

challenge accepted.

I wish there was more clarity about this to be honest.  I wish the ATF would just post a letter saying that you can fire it from the shoulder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

challenge accepted.

It's such an obvious concept, and with no laws against it in US history,  you're probably one of the few people who have ever questioned it! Think there's a charge of "firing a pistol using the shoulder"?

Ya reckon firing a rifle or shotgun from the hip is equally questionable? How about the cat that shoots his 1911 with his feet?

- OS
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I agree that it is stupid but I know how ridiculous some law enforcement is in my area and I would rather not have to deal with it in court when they could just put it on a letter.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I agree that it is stupid but I know how ridiculous some law enforcement is in my area and I would rather not have to deal with it in court when they could just put it on a letter.
View Quote

I'd posit that if I'm arrested for shooting a pistol from the shoulder, my bank account would likely eventually grow enough to compensate for the hassle.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Soo why doesn't someone just contact the atf and ask them
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is the letter from ATF but what if one is at the range or somewhere shooting AR Pistol but using shoulder instead of wrap around your forearm, will one get in trouble

Link Posted: 11/17/2013 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Soo why doesn't someone just contact the atf and ask them
View Quote

I am sure its safer not to ask
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#21]
While your asking, see if shooting my rifle with one hand makes it a pistol......lol

Its the same thing.

How you hold it doesn't change what it is.

The ATF ruled the brace legal.    That's it.     Conversation over.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I know its not a big deal.  I just hear about this all the time and it would be nice to have the damn piece of paper that says it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I know its not a big deal.  I just hear about this all the time and it would be nice to have the damn piece of paper that says it....
View Quote

Be sure to get a ruling on long guns too. I'd hate to become a felon for blowing up stuff at the range with my shotgun not against my shoulder.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Be sure to get a ruling on long guns too. I'd hate to become a felon for blowing up stuff at the range with my shotgun not against my shoulder.

- OS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know its not a big deal.  I just hear about this all the time and it would be nice to have the damn piece of paper that says it....

- OS

Well stop shooting your shot gun wrong.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS

Can hardly believe you have the slightest worry about this non-issue. It's really beyond silly.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Here is the letter from ATF but what if one is at the range or somewhere shooting AR Pistol but using shoulder instead of wrap around your forearm, will one get in trouble

View Quote

I guess here is the answer to my question:  LINK

Legal Stuff

As the cuff portion of the brace is made of somewhat firm rubber, a shooter can use the Pistol Brace as a shoulder stock when braced against the body. The concern: doing so would turn the pistol into an illegal short-barreled rifle. According to ATF’s logic, conclusion and ultimately its Approval Letter – no. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (and Really Big Fires) sent inventor Bosco a definitive missive, downloadable here, stating that . . .

the submitted forearm brace, when attached to a firearm does not convert that weapon to be fired from the shoulder and would not alter the classification of a pistol or other firearm. While a firearm so equipped would still be regulated by the Gun Control Act, such a firearm would NOT BE subject to NFA controls.

The aforementioned paragraph allows the brace to be used on a firearm (pistol or rifle) without converting it to a weapon that would be subject to NFA rules. This also opens a  can of worms, but more on that later.

Shouldering the pistol brace would be a misuse of the brace. By that, I mean it would be used in a manner not consistent with its intended purpose. Using a device in a manner that’s different from its intended purpose does not necessarily make its use, or the device itself, illegal.

Shouldering a pistol buffer tube does not turn an AR pistol into a short-barreled rifle. Use of a bipod mounted on a pistol as a forward vertical grip (see Ruger 10/22 Charger pistol with bipod) does not convert the pistol into an illegal AOW. Likewise, firing a pistol using two hands does not convert it into a rifle even though the definition of a pistol is a firearm designed to be fired with one hand.

The ATF approved the use of the product as a brace for shooting a pistol one-handed.  Using it differently than intended does not change the classification of the device or the firearm. Case closed.

Link Posted: 11/18/2013 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Sig would market refrigerators to eskimoes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Compliant Letter

Legal Stuff

As the cuff portion of the brace is made of somewhat firm rubber, a shooter can use the Pistol Brace as a shoulder stock when braced against the body. The concern: doing so would turn the pistol into an illegal short-barreled rifle. According to ATF’s logic, conclusion and ultimately its Approval Letter – no. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (and Really Big Fires) sent inventor Bosco a definitive missive, downloadable here, stating that . . .

[div style='margin-left: 40px;']the submitted forearm brace, when attached to a firearm does not convert that weapon to be fired from the shoulder and would not alter the classification of a pistol or other firearm. While a firearm so equipped would still be regulated by the Gun Control Act, such a firearm would NOT BE subject to NFA controls.

The aforementioned paragraph allows the brace to be used on a firearm (pistol or rifle) without converting it to a weapon that would be subject to NFA rules. This also opens a  can of worms, but more on that later.

Shouldering the pistol brace would be a misuse of the brace. By that, I mean it would be used in a manner not consistent with its intended purpose. Using a device in a manner that’s different from its intended purpose does not necessarily make its use, or the device itself, illegal.

Shouldering a pistol buffer tube does not turn an AR pistol into a short-barreled rifle. Use of a bipod mounted on a pistol as a forward vertical grip (see Ruger 10/22 Charger pistol with bipod) does not convert the pistol into an illegal AOW. Likewise, firing a pistol using two hands does not convert it into a rifle even though the definition of a pistol is a firearm designed to be fired with one hand.

The ATF approved the use of the product as a brace for shooting a pistol one-handed.  Using it differently than intended does not change the classification of the device or the firearm. Case closed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Compliant Letter

Legal Stuff

[div style='margin-left: 40px;']the submitted forearm brace, when attached to a firearm does not convert that weapon to be fired from the shoulder and would not alter the classification of a pistol or other firearm. While a firearm so equipped would still be regulated by the Gun Control Act, such a firearm would NOT BE subject to NFA controls.

Can I add an "amen" to this?
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#29]
We all know that shouldering a pistol is fine but the concern is over the mis use of the brace.  Is there any legal standard that says the atf doesn't govern how you use the item or are we just guessing there isnt
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Compliant Letter

Legal Stuff

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Compliant Letter

Legal Stuff

Well put these were all in my head you simply put them down intelligently.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

We all know that shouldering a pistol is fine but the concern is over the mis use of the brace.  Is there any legal standard that says the atf doesn't govern how you use the item or are we just guessing there isnt
View Quote

Well, if you really look at the Sig brace the only thing that is really strong enough to rest against your shoulder is the buffer tube part therefore just like the other two parts that go around your arm are not consider as hard platform as butt stock would be and make sure you are resting your cheek on the brace as you would be using CAA cheek rest or a form cover and they are totally legal.....for AR pistol

Link Posted: 11/18/2013 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well, if you really look at the Sig brace the only thing that is really strong enough to rest against your shoulder is the buffer tube part therefore just like the other two parts that go around your arm are not consider as hard platform as butt stock would be and make sure you are resting your cheek on the brace as you would be using CAA cheek rest or a form cover and they are totally legal.....for AR pistol

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTomMelpA7SO305S3XhNU-OFtc8nEkgNyzxE2pBMmEN2luJRS4U

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTomMelpA7SO305S3XhNU-OFtc8nEkgNyzxE2pBMmEN2luJRS4U

So the brace sorta functions like the one above (in addition to being an arm brace), but with the flimsy flaps that looks like a stock. If I had another material, like an ammo pouch hanging off the buffer tube, that wouldn't be classified as a stock, would it?

The sig brace only LOOKS like a stock, but it isn't. It's a CAA with wings.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
So the brace sorta functions like the one above (in addition to being an arm brace), but with the flimsy flaps that looks like a stock. If I had another material, like an ammo pouch hanging off the buffer tube, that wouldn't be classified as a stock, would it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am sure it wouldn't but ATF might say otherwise so best to take pictures of it and check with them first before using it...

Link Posted: 11/18/2013 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Sig ships these braces with a copy of the ATF determination letter, which includes the shoulder ruling. Roll it up, stick it in the grip of your gun, and stop worrying.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I know its not a big deal.  I just hear about this all the time and it would be nice to have the damn piece of paper that says it.
http://youtu.be/fqSFY3HAc3Q
View Quote

I don't want to hijack but im looking at building my first pistol in 556 but that setup there is pretty much the length id like to be at. What are the specs on it if you don't mind me jumping in this thread
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 4:46:01 AM EDT
[#36]
I actually had that barrel cut to 10.3 inches but 10.5 works as well.   I have a 10.5 5.56 barrel that is about to go into that pistol.  Nothing too fancy a Peru common size.   The rail is a cheap yhm one that I had laying around before that is just being put to use.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 6:52:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Ok thanks I was thinking it was a 10.5 and that's the size overall I'm wanting  so now its time to start looking for parts
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#38]
I got mine from a dealer on gunbroker. $110 delivered to my door.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

at $115 with free shipping.  I actually got his to manually accept an offer of $111
limits on the last one.  

Here's one of them....

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/yfz450air/media/Guns/DSC00922_zps2909d11e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/yfz450air/Guns/DSC00922_zps2909d11e.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

limits on the last one.  

Here's one of them....

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/yfz450air/media/Guns/DSC00922_zps2909d11e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/yfz450air/Guns/DSC00922_zps2909d11e.jpg</a>

Just had to say thanks for this post guys I orderded one up today for 112 shipped while others are bidding up at $117 still. Arfcom to the rescue again
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Though mentioned as a "forearm brace" in the letter, it says "when attached to a firearm" and does not say anything about being attached to the forearm.  

In the preceding paragraph, it does mention the proper usage of the brace, with the forearm inserted "into the device" and operating the firearm "with one hand".

At the end of the day, it would probably be a situation of "he said, she said" and if your lawyer is better than the government appointed one.  

A sympathetic jury never hurt.

Just don't be caught on camera firing the firearm "from the shoulder".

Disclosure:
YMMV...I'm not a lawyer.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Though mentioned as a "forearm brace" in the letter, it says "when attached to a firearm" and does not say anything about being attached to the forearm.  

In the preceding paragraph, it does mention the proper usage of the brace, with the forearm inserted "into the device" and operating the firearm "with one hand".

At the end of the day, it would probably be a situation of "he said, she said" and if your lawyer is better than the government appointed one.  

Disclosure:
YMMV...I'm not a lawyer.
View Quote

Why would you do anything if you wouldn't do it on camera?  Not being caught on camera means that in your mind you think you are doing something wrong.  That is the wrong attitude to have in my eyes.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Why would you do anything if you wouldn't do it on camera?  Not being caught on camera means that in your mind you think you are doing something wrong.  That is the wrong attitude to have in my eyes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disclosure:
YMMV...I'm not a lawyer.

Isn't it sad the fear people fell for this kind of stuff, or for anything period. If there is not a law specifically prohibiting something ie: misuse of a device, there is no law broken!

The fact of the matter is people are afraid because the ATF is not coherent and cohesive and years in prison could be on the line. They can and have changed their minds on things, but lets be serious people the things they have made illegal have merit being so. They are confined by their own boundaries, and at the moment they cant just change everything, they have classified/defined everything as best they can. The result of which has left loopholes for things like slidefire, sb-15, tac con, and so forth. The NFA should be illegal, but its not, so we have to work those loopholes.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I do not have and have never held one so I don't know...what is the OD of a rifle length fixed stock buffer tube? Seemed like i could get a more effective placement of the brace using the longer tube and spacing the inside of the tube down to carbine length to accommodate the spring and buffer.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Pretty sure the rifle tube has been done before.

The Law Tactical folding buffer tube adapter is a good way to add length too
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

found it.
a2 buffer tube w/ brace, not exactly sure he has the brace all the way up on the tube though. it really looks out of place but i bet its better than hunching up on it.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/AJ_Dual/IMG_20131125_191907_919_zpsf6c5b8d7.jpg
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:28:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

found it.
a2 buffer tube w/ brace, not exactly sure he has the brace all the way up on the tube though. it really looks out of place but i bet its better than hunching up on it.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/AJ_Dual/IMG_20131125_191907_919_zpsf6c5b8d7.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

found it.

so he has long arms
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 6:41:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Its not all the way on...Mine has an A2 with the brace all the way on...from the beginning of the brace to the receiver there is about a 4" area of exposed buffer tube...This guy must be very large..
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#48]
I am buying 2 sig braces tonight, and I have not the slightest issue or worry.
Rob
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I am buying 2 sig braces tonight, and I have not the slightest issue or worry.
Rob
View Quote

My pistol RE finally came in and I put it on my lower with about a two inch gap between the end of the SIGTAC and the reciever. Turns out this legnth is almost exactly the same size as my Vltor A-5 RE/buffer EMOD stock is when fully collapsed. It is quite solid and serviceable also.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:06:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disclosure:
YMMV...I'm not a lawyer.

My response was geared towards those who are worried/scared enough to want a letter from the ATF that says "congrats, you found a loophole called the SIG brace and we approved it!"

If you are one of those people who does not need such a letter, and it seems that you fall into that category, then please disregard my response.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top