Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2012 2:35:00 PM EDT
Probably been covered before but couldn't find it in a search. As the subject states, whats a good sling for an AR Pistol? Bungi type single point?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It all depends on what you are comfortable shooting with. If you are familiar with traditional 2 point slings on a rifle and using them to steady your aim then that might be a good option. If you are used to the combat single point slings then that might be a good option. I would say try both and see what you are comfortable with. I have the Condor bungie that converts from a 2 point to a 1 point sling. That way I can use it however I am comfortable with the particular weapon platform I am using.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Probably been covered before but couldn't find it in a search. As the subject states, whats a good sling for an AR Pistol? Bungi type single point?

Thanks in advance.

I have no personal experience opinion, because I'm still trying to decide myself, but I've been looking online into the Blackhawk Storm and have seen quite a few great reviews on it. As soon as I can actually get my hands on one personally I have a feeling that is probably going to be the one I choose to use with my pistol. Anyone have experience with the Storm?
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I think a two point works the best.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer a single point bungie cinched up TIGHT to aid it supporting when firing. my Condor is nice as I can pop one clip off and 2-pt it like was said earlier as well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a VTAC set up like dis:

I took it hunting this weekend. It's a comfy strap, and it sat in a nice place hands-free when tromping around the woods. That said...it SUCKS with how I have it attached. The rear point will interfere with my grip and sometimes work its way around the buffer tube. The front point interferes with my grip when using the light. Doesn't bother me if I'm holding the magwell.

I may go back to what I use for my patrol rifle...a single point. Less convenient for hauling around, but it's less nonsense to deal with.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure what barrel length you have, but I use a MagPul MS3 on a 12" FN barrel and it works great.  It can be either configured as a single point, or conventional sling.  Works great on mine either way.  Single point hooks to a Magpul ASAP sling attachment point.  It can be unclipped at the "Y" and hooked to the sling attachment under an A2 sight or a rail mounted sling mount and used as a conventional sling.  Mounting clips can also be locked.  Not inexpensive, but well made and versatile.  Going to buy a couple more of them.
That is all...

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top