Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Barrel is measured from closed bolt face to end of muzzle, or perm attached muzzle device.

Easy way is to close the bolt, stick a cleaning rod down the barrel, mark at muzzle, and measure.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#2]
looks like a 7-71/2" make cant tell from pics
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#3]
are there any markings?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#4]
from the pictures I would guess a M1S  7.5inch upper, I had one just like it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Per Scallywag's measuring instructions it's 8.5" to the end of the birdcage. I didn't feel like popping the birdcage off to get a measurement on just the barrel.
Doesn't the A2 usually add 1.5"? So the barrel should be 7"? Feel free to call me the village idiot if I'm not making any sense,  but please educate me while you're at it.

There's no markings that I can see. Do I need to get the hand guard off to find some hidden information? I'd like to find out if this upper can take 5.56 Nato rounds.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks to be a 7" Rock River upper
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#7]
could be one of these? saw this linked in another thread:
http://www.jsesurplus.com/custom7bd9mmssyhmfloat4railgba1flashhidercomplete-intropricing-3.aspx
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Alright, I found some barrel markings. I can't see much because I didn't remove the handguard, but I do see DPMS 5.56. I'm still looking for any help I can get on learning more about the upper. Is it safe to assume it's a Kitty Kat barrel on an A4?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top