Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2011 6:15:14 AM EDT
Does anyone make one of these?

I'd like a 7" as I saw someone who put a Noveske KX3 on a 7" barrel with a MI 9" quad rail, and I loved the way it looked.  That person used a SS barrel though, so I haven't bothered to IM him about his exact barrel.

If I went with a 7.5" barrel (which seems to be more common), it would be close, but more of the KX3 would show, and I really liked the way it looks.  Another option is to go with 7.5" and get a 10" rail...but that too would throw off the ratio a bit as less of the KX3 would show.  My main goal is to NOT see the step up from the barrel to the flash suppressor.  

here's the pistol, it belongs to REVBCO:

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#1]

mine and revbco's are almost identical, i have a rainier match barrel, it is stainless steel with 1in 8 twist. its a really nice barrel and cost 275 but its worth it. i have the spikes tactical STAB muzzle brake and it works like a charm
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 3:03:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps such a barrel is non-existant...
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Could you have a 1:7 barrel cut down to what u need?

It would still be 1:7 after all is said and done.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:11:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Could you have a 1:7 barrel cut down to what u need?

It would still be 1:7 after all is said and done.

That would be a last resort. Any idea what that would cost, and who does arfcom trust with this task?

Cut barrel
Re-crown it
Re-thread it
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a kitty kat 7" I don't know if it's 1/7 but it is chrome lined.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#6]
email wather lothar and see if they can make you one
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:47:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like I'll be getting the CMMG 7.3" barrel.  It has two of my 3 criteria (1:7 twist + chrome lined), and at least it's not a full 7.5"...it will be an economical compromise.

Cutting a 16" barrel down will cost too much.  It will run about $165 just to get it cut down, crowned, threaded and tapped...plus the barrel will be over $250.  The CMMGs are like $255 stripped.  

I started to put one together last night, and the low profile gas block was $60...and th BCG was $160.  Those seemed like high numbers to me.  Is all their stuff top notch?  I could probably save $40 on the gas block and $40 on the BCG if I go with Yankee Hill for both.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:32:32 AM EDT
[#8]
yankee hill low pro as block is 22 bucks and you can get a good bcg for like 120
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top