Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 3:29:55 PM EDT
I have tried two different manufacturers pistol buffer tubes and still have the same problem.  Even with the end plate in place, the tube still screws in deep enough to slightly push the buffer retaining pin forward causing a restriction of the bolt closing at the rear.  I can close the two halves together by aligning them and then pushing both pins closed together, but I cannot close or open the rear by pushing the rear pin open and lifting the back of the upper.  Anyone else ever dealt with this issue?  I actually have to back the tube off about 1/8 of a turn to stop the restriction to open or close as designed, but of course I do not want to unscrew the tube everytime I want to seperate the halves as designed.  Of course a standard carbine buffer tube works as it should, but I cannot run that option for obvious reasons.  I have also contacted RRA to learn if their end plates may be thicker than standard.
Thanks for any replies.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
This is why I chose a buffer tube that uses a castle nut, like Spikes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You could mark where the pin hits the tube, take the tube out. File a notch. Reinstall the tube.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Good suggestions.  Right now I am carefully filing down a little metal from the mouth of the tube so the tube will not seat so deep.  It is taking awhile so I do not take too much and the tube no longer holds the buffer pin in place.  I will post my success/failure when I finish.
Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, well, well, patience and understanding does work.................................sometimes.  A little off the top and it is working as god and Armalite intended!  
Thanks for reading and replying.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top