Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2010 11:09:30 PM EDT
I am planning on building an AR pistol and I will not be using a can on it so no need to go into that discussion concerning barrel length. I currently have a 16in. Which would you guys prefer? And WHY?

-Would the 12.5 be more sloppy to use in a pistol configuration since it is heavier/longer?

-Is the flip/flash that much more obnoxious with 1 less inch?

-DOES ANYONE HAVE  BALLISTICS CHART COMPARING THESE TWO LENGTHS FOR 75/77gr, 55gr, AND 62gr BULLETS?? (I will be using tap 75gr 5.56, but still interested in other gr bullets)

I really want to find out how far each one can reach out and still "fragment" reliably.....

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
There is not going to be much difference in velocity between a 11.5 and 12.5".
I prefer the 11.5". Easier to handle and better balanced IMO
If you use the Barnes Tripple Threat, you won't have to be concerned with expansion.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#2]
You lose about 50 fps going for 12.5 to 11.5, when using sbr from 10.5-12.5 there will not be too much difference in ballistic performance.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top