Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/8/2010 2:56:12 PM EDT

My brother currently lives in Tennessee and owns an LMT 10.5 in Ar15 Pistol but is moving to Wisconsin in August. Are they legal in Wisconsin? Is there a website that has info on what states allow ar pistols?

My wifes family lives in Iowa and I would like to take my Ar15 pistol up to allow my father-in-law to shoot it! Anyone know what the law is in Iowa?

Thanks,

Amos1909

Link Posted: 7/8/2010 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
MD does not allow "assault pistols".
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#2]
As a fellow Tennesseean I can say that any Tennesseean foolish enough to move to Wisconsin doesn't deserve an AR pistol! He'll have to leave it with me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

As a fellow Tennesseean I can say that any Tennesseean foolish enough to move to Wisconsin doesn't deserve an AR pistol! He'll have to leave it with me.

LOL, I agree... He is actually going to Bible School.... He will be back... But I do have first dibs on the pistol!!!!

Amos1909
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Washington state doesn't allow "assault pistols" either, but they do allow "semi automatic" AR-15 pistols.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Washington state doesn't allow "assault pistols" either, but they do allow "semi automatic" AR-15 pistols.

I'm pretty sure that Washington state has no law at all regarding "assault pistols". SBRs and SBSs are illegal here, but you can have pretty much any pistol you want so long as it is legal with the feds.

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]
No problems in Iowa.

Brad
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Brad!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
All clear in Florida.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#10]
In Calif. we have to DROS them with a sled in the magwell and a maglock of some sort so they are a single shot with a fixed magazine and exempt from the handgun safety check.  After that we can go to a 10 round magazine but the maglock (bullet button) has to stay because a removable magazine is only OK if it's inside the handgrip.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]
It's 1994 in NY so anything Clinkton legal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#12]
All is legal in PA
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#13]
God is in Tennessee, if your looking for him, you don't have to move to Wisconsin to find him. My own brother sold a business so he could take a  tour of the (so-called) Holy Land, I asked him, "Have you ever been to Wyoming? Or Utah, or Colorado? Because God is differently there"  No need to spend a bunch of money to go to Jerusalem to find him, Jesus went to Jerusalem on purpose to be crucified a sinless man, how is that place Holy? He probably could of spend the rest of his life in modern day Detroit and never get Crucified. When the anti-christ returns for the Tribulation were is he's going to rebuild the temple??? Jerusalem!  Okay enough preaching, I don't know the answer to you question anyway....LOL. And I know it had to happen like it did for Christianity to happen.
Just remember Albert Einstein wouldn't of known crap if he hadn't of gone to the local Jr. Collage. And I forget which school John the Baptist attended, or the boat building class Noah took.  

Just playing, and if you haven't found anyone yet, i'll be glad to hold your brothers "PISTOL" for him safe and secure right here in God/Gun loving Oklahoma.
HDD
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:07:02 AM EDT
[#14]
No go for Hawaii.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#15]
ok yes many states do not allow Assualt Pistols. but you can still buy a stripped lower and build a AOW pistol.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#16]
You're good to go in WI.

As a side note, all NFA is also legal in WI.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

God is in Tennessee, if your looking for him, you don't have to move to Wisconsin to find him. My own brother sold a business so he could take a tour of the (so-called) Holy Land, I asked him, "Have you ever been to Wyoming? Or Utah, or Colorado? Because God is differently there" No need to spend a bunch of money to go to Jerusalem to find him, Jesus went to Jerusalem on purpose to be crucified a sinless man, how is that place Holy? He probably could of spend the rest of his life in modern day Detroit and never get Crucified. When the anti-christ returns for the Tribulation were is he's going to rebuild the temple??? Jerusalem! Okay enough preaching, I don't know the answer to you question anyway....LOL. And I know it had to happen like it did for Christianity to happen.

Just remember Albert Einstein wouldn't of known crap if he hadn't of gone to the local Jr. Collage. And I forget which school John the Baptist attended, or the boat building class Noah took.

Just playing, and if you haven't found anyone yet, i'll be glad to hold your brothers "PISTOL" for him safe and secure right here in God/Gun loving Oklahoma.

HDD

LOL!!! My brother needs to go to Bible College, he wants to be an evangalist. I never went to Bible College but I am a lawyer by trade and a pastor by calling!!! I would agree that it is not it is not the place to find God.. I believe that Bible college has ruined many a good preacher.

I hope and think it will help my brother..

Amos1909

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#18]
good to go in Texas

(of course )
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Amos 1909 I understand what your telling me.
And I understand the calling, my oldest brother was lead to go into the ministry, even attending Oklahoma Baptist University for a time. But instead he got drafted into Vietnam, got out, became an electrical engineer, OSU under GI bill,  he worked all over Texas before finally getting a job at NASA, working his way up to being in charge of an engineering lab, Building 44.
On April 20, 2007 while setting at his desk (unarmed of course because of Government policy) an employee fearing being dismissed came in and shot my brother 3 times with a 38, waited until he had died, then took his own life. Such a waste. R.I.P. David Beverly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Under 50 ounces good in NJ.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#21]
As mentioned before AR pistols are okay in Iowa, but not any NFA items.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top