Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2009 7:51:19 PM EDT

I just got an AR pistol and a Ruger Charger and I'm kind of sold on the whole "long range" pistol thing,one thing I'd like to know and see is if anybody has an AR like this,I'm horsing with the idea of making one now set up something like this:

Flip up sights.

Bipod.

Free float handguard.

Pistol scope.

10 1/2 or 11 1/2 barrel.

I'd guess an AR set up as such would be good for 100 to 200 yard shots with a good rest,so anybody?

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
My pistol upper consists of......

1 - 11.5" Sabre barrel
2 - Larue 11" free float rail
3 - Larue low profile gas block (carbine system)
4 - Troy folding battle sights
5 - Noveske KX3 "Piggy Brake"

Optics is undecided at the moment.  I have an older AimPoint CompM sitting around but I would need to buy a mount for it.  The pistol scope is an interesting idea as well.  I don't think I am going to put a bipod under it, but it could be cool to try it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Since I was a kid I've seen enough hunters in magazines with Contenders and Encores in .223 put scopes on them and shoot out past two hundred yards,no reason an AR pistol can't do the same.

Plus my Charger is a shooting machine so I like the idea of it,easy to drag along and good enough for any range most of us encounter (face it,not many of us snipe past two hundred yards)

A good quality pistol scope,ether 2-7 or 2-6,would seem to be ideal.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Since I was a kid I've seen enough hunters in magazines with Contenders and Encores in .223 put scopes on them and shoot out past two hundred yards,no reason an AR pistol can't do the same.

Plus my Charger is a shooting machine so I like the idea of it,easy to drag along and good enough for any range most of us encounter (face it,not many of us snipe past two hundred yards)

A good quality pistol scope,ether 2-7 or 2-6,would seem to be ideal.

You might be right.....but I just ordered my Larue mount for my AimPoint.  I can always move that to one of my other AR's if I choose to go with the pistol scope later.  This is gonna be fun.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
200yds?

Shot my 10.5" pistol @ 400, 600, and 700 today...
Millett DMS...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Go for the11.5" Barrel or think about a 16" Bull Barrel cut down to 12". Get a good trigger JP adjustable, a grip with adjustable palm grip for stability on sand bag and a 3 X12 Burris Handgun Scope. That combination will out shoot most rifles.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top