Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2008 5:38:24 PM EDT
Was waiting on a past due OT paycheck and had planned on buying an AR pistol BEFORE "114". The dealers I've gone to said they can't find a complete pistol anywhere. RRA says 12 to 14 weeks delivery. Anybody have any leads ? Thinking of getting a pistol lower from Anvil and hoping I can get the upper somewhere before next summer. Geez, panic buying. Now I'm paniced.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Check Legal Transfers in the EE.  They had some pistol lowers a few weeks ago.  No recent data.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I know!  I have about 20 hours of OT owed to me right now that the LT has not signed off on yet and have not been able to buy my damn spike's 22lr pistol upper.  I have the lower, but now, I am starting to get a bit freaked out.  It seems like even friggin lpk are hard to come by.  I really wonder how much longer this is going to go on for.  I figured after a week everyone would get bored and move on.  Guess not.

And the idiots in my local stores lately.  I was at Cabelas trying to get some shot for some snake rounds I am working on and it was packed.  Looked at their used rack.  Had a decent 20" dpms that was over priced.  Guy next to me asks the sales guy, "hey, what's that one that guy has?" and points to me.  The clerk says, "idunno, looks like a 22" one or something."  Guy says, hmm, is that good?

AAHHHHHHHHHH

i just put the rifle down, grabbed the wife and said we needed to leave.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, every idiot in the world placed an order for something he never thought he'd buy last week, it seems.  All the inhibitions are gone - buy what you can, even if you don't really want it!  Stockpile mags, lowers, parts kits, etc. in case they get banned.

Crazy.  It's like they didn't know Obama was going to win all this time.  

I sat back and slowly stockpiled ammo, mags, parts, etc. and waited for D-Day.  It's pretty frickin irritating that they're impacting our normal builds with their last minute panic buying of things they never really wanted or they would have bought before now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, every idiot in the world placed an order for something he never thought he'd buy last week, it seems.  All the inhibitions are gone - buy what you can, even if you don't really want it!  Stockpile mags, lowers, parts kits, etc. in case they get banned.

Crazy.  It's like they didn't know Obama was going to win all this time.  

I sat back and slowly stockpiled ammo, mags, parts, etc. and waited for D-Day.  It's pretty frickin irritating that they're impacting our normal builds with their last minute panic buying of things they never really wanted or they would have bought before now.

Yeah, tell me about it.  As to the orginal question...If you can still get a lower from Anvil, do it.  Uppers might not be as hard as you think, call manufactures like RRA and Bushy and see what they say.  Generally speaking its the lower that takes them longest to get.  Uppers are usually ready to ship that day.  With all the panic buying in the past two weeks therer might be a wait but I would bet it's NOT more than a month.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Anvil is on backorder for some weeks unless you want to pay extra $45 last i heard.

I was building a pistol about the time of the elections. Made sure and ordered my upper the day before the election so i would get it...and did get it a few days later. The day after the election everyone was sold out of uppers and still most seem to be.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I stand corrected
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:24:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I found a complete RRA lower at of all places the local FFL. They appearantly didn't check when I called. Just need the upper now but waiting on the next OT check. My problem isn't my LT it's the payroll idiots.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Go with a retailer that won't charge your card til the item ships. You have to get in line now if you want it. I've got a Spikes complete lower on order eta 4-6wks thats already paid for and I think I just scored an in stock LMT 10.5" MK18 type upper but paid dearly for it. Its crazy out there and the wait times are getting unreal. Brace for price increases as well. I hate to join in the craziness but hell, got no choice. I'm not waiting this thing out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Check with Bushmaster, I called the 6th and they were saying 6 weeks on some barrels.   Then low and behold I got 2 brand spanking new uppers delievered to my door not 7 days later.  Granted I know a lot has changed in two weeks but a call to find out can't hurt.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top