Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2008 11:14:18 AM EDT
So I called a dealer today to see if they had any Carbon 15's in stock. He proceeded to tell me that the Carbon 15 pistols are junk guns and he refuses to carry them. Seems odd cause I haven't heard anything bad about them till then. Granted this guy came across as a real arrogant asshole. But I just wanted to get some opinions on them till I go drop a grand. Let me know what you guys think.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine runs 100% It even had a diet of the monarch steel cased lacqer coated stuff for a while without a single FTF FTE.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
he probably still thinks glocks are plastic toy guns as well.

I had a carbon15 9mm and never had anyissues with it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
he probably still thinks glocks are plastic toy guns as well.

I had a carbon15 9mm and never had anyissues with it.

This is not funny, that means all i have is toys, C15, and 2 glocks. Only real gun i have is the beowulf
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a carbon 15 9mm pistol and it runs like a top and is suprisingly accurate. I don't know why some folks don't seem to like them but mine has been great.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the early ones that came out during the AWB.

I had some extraction problems at first, a call to Busmaster and they sent me a new extractor spring and recoil spring free of charge, that fixed the extraction problem.

Later it developed a feeding problem where the bullet tips were striking the reciever below the feed ramps, I sent the upper to Busmaster and they added M4 style feed ramps, it runs 100% even with soft points now.

The new ones come with the improved springs and feed ramps, I would not hesitate to buy another one.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen pictures of them blown up here.  Mind you, an aluminum AR would blow up too, but the plastic ones really break apart and supposedly in the same places.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/8687-5-56-223-pistol-options-page-2.html

That guy calls them a "Kaboom-15."  It should be noted that he is only posting pics of others and not his own account.  Hearsay goes a long way.  Those could have been crappy reloads and no fault of the weapon (and probably were).

I have held a Carbon 15 pistol, and it felt nice.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#7]
If it's any help to ya'. I've put a couple thousand rounds thru my Bushy Carbon15 with zero problems. It never fails to put a smile on my face.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol .223 earlier this year at an estate aution. Definitely the funnest $600.00 I spent.  I've run a few 30 rounds even a 40 round mag thru the pistol and have never had a problem.  I have the type 97S
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#9]
My carbon 15 pistol runs 100% and it is a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've seen pictures of them blown up here.  Mind you, an aluminum AR would blow up too, but the plastic ones really break apart and supposedly in the same places.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/8687-5-56-223-pistol-options-page-2.html

That guy calls them a "Kaboom-15."  It should be noted that he is only posting pics of others and not his own account.  Hearsay goes a long way.  Those could have been crappy reloads and no fault of the weapon (and probably were).

I have held a Carbon 15 pistol, and it felt nice.

What would cause such a crack in upper receiver? Normally the bolt lugs are locked in the barrel extension, so there shouldn't be any stress to the upper, except for abrasion from the carrier moving back and forth. So Is there a particular issue with the upper cracking around the area around the barrel?

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:34:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I love Bushy's stuff and have no problem with the carbon receivers (upper or lower).  The reason I decided against a carbon 15 was the special bolt carrier they use.  It's a two piece module that one half contains the bolt and the other half is a buffer spring extender.  Unlike a standard AR rifle or pistol the buffer spring extends past the threads in the lower and actually into the rear of the bolt carrier.  I don' think this effects the actual function of the pistol unlike the other shorty buffers.  But it does effect how the pistol comes apart.  I personally wanted the ability to "shotgun" the upper and swap it at the range easily.  The carbon 15 makes this a little difficult.  All of that aside I've not heard complains from owners.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Buy a RockRiver registered pistol lower then whatever upper you prefer. You can stay under a grand. You may have to wait for the lower especially if you want it in 9mm. I prefer to own an all metal AR (upper/lower). I'm not saying the carbon AR's are junk, I have never owned or shot one so I can't give an opinion.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a carbon 15 rifle with the built in rail, post ban with the removable stock. The rail was crooked and wouldnt zero. I couldn't fire a 10 round mag through it without a jam. I sent it back to Bushmaster and they fixed the rail. It still jammed like crazy (wouldn't strip around from the mag). I think the mag well was too deep. I sold it, never looked back.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought my bushey when they first came out. I had a broken crome extractor after the the first 500 rounds. Bushmaster sent me a new one over night and 12000 rounds later its still running great.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
1200 or 12000?   I would love to tack this up top and show everyone how reliable they are.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top