Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2008 6:33:59 PM EDT
Is there an end cap for the pistol buffer tubes that cover the metal end with the threaded hole? Am I the only one that this bugs? If there is a product or of anyone has an idea pleas lmk!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#1]

I borrowed this pic from ‘DOE’ here on ar15.com. You can see more pics on this page.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=122&t=393666

Evidently this rubber cap is a rubber foot for a cane. Supposedly one can also run to Lowes, Home Depot, etc… and pic up ‘rubber replacement feet for furniture’ which come in different colors.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I work right next to a medical supply store so I stopped in to check out the rubber part for a cane. They all appeared to have too small of an ID (inner diameter). I did not take accurate measurements, but it just looked way to small

Anyhow I'm gonna check out the rubber feet for furniture.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The diameter for a snug fit for a M1 sales pistol buffer tube is 1 1/4" or 28mm.  Some of the cane tips cover the complete cane diameter, others just cover the attachment point (wooden knob) and is smaller than the diameter of the cane.

ETA: You can pick it up at ACE hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, Wal Mart, or any hardware type store.    
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to Lowes today and looked at the cane tips but was not satisfied with what I saw until I ran across the variable depth push fasteners. I guess they are used in the automotive industry- I bought the one listed for Chrysler. I had to do some trimming on the bottom but after that it screwed right in the threads at the end of the ACE pistol stock. The look is very clean- I am happy with it!

Here are some pics:

Link Posted: 10/7/2008 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks REAL slick!

I don't have a buffer tube with a hole in it, but if I did I'd do what you did

Link Posted: 10/7/2008 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
nice
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I don't have a buffer tube with a hole in it, but if I did I'd do what you did

+1
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top