Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 5:56:49 AM EDT
sorry about cross posting, trying to get viisbility to question. Search did not help.

I have a question about the weight of the pistol in a link the Quarterbore's site:
does this mean the Ar pistol must be 50 onces at least to be legal or is that just a category or classification aid?

Semiautomatic assault weapon {in the context of a pistol}

(c) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

(1) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of
the pistol grip,

(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash
suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer,

(3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely
encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm
with the nontrigger hand without being burned,

(4) A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is
unloaded, and
(5) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm;

http://www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182&highlight=weight

I have a CMMG lower and model 1 sales a3 upper with 7.5" barrel just waiting on shipping, and I'm in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]
That whole part of the AWB has sunset as of Sept 13, 2004.  There are no federal laws limiting the weight of a handgun now so unless there are state laws to muck with have at it.
Most all of the pistols pictured in the AR pistol thread have all of these "once" banned items.  
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top