Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 5:55:02 PM EDT
I plan on building a pistol real soon and I want it to be as fun to shoot as possible. Just wondering which compensator does the worst job because I want a big flame every time without haveing to take it off everytime. I'm probably going with cmmg. Also which brand ammo puts out the biggest flame. Noise is not a concern.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 6 inch upper with a muzzle brake, that is probably the most offensive thing on the range.

People mistake the muzzle blast for a 50 BMG all the time.

With a 6 inch barrel, ANY ammo is a flamethrower.  The brake I have is a simple square hole @ 90 degrees to the bore.  Most any brake will do what you want.  

Lem
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm gonna go with an entire cmmg setup with the 7.3 barrel. I was just worried that the flash hider might kill some of the flame. But I guess i won't worry about it then. Can't wait to build it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Go here for a good comparison of flash.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
guy test those in his garage, I see an office chair and a x country ski???
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#5]
It must be an ARF thing to ignore the main subject of the pic and scrutinize the background......
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]
The old standard Bushy Carbon Pistol Compensator brakes are pretty amazing.  It keeps the front down while giving a huge muzzle flare!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top