Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2006 5:32:14 PM EDT
People,

New to the site...ordered an Oly K23 AR pistol.  Any thoughts/experiences?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I am thinking about buying one also anyone here have one of these
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:09:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I think they're a really cool looking pistol but there are a couple little things that might be worth looking at. Non crome lined barrels, 4140 steel and no fore rails.

Like I said, just something to consider.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think they're a really cool looking pistol but there are a couple little things that might be worth looking at. Non crome lined barrels, 4140 steel and no fore rails.

Like I said, just something to consider.  

FIRSH Railed Handguards are an option from them.

www.olyarms.com/?page=m3_FIRSH

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the Oly Pistol would look really cool if you could cut down or make your own "triangular" hand guard and put a three pronged flash hider on it.  You would have a shrunken SP1.

Just my .02
MadDog
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
As a newcomer to this AR15 pistol world, this may seem like a dumb question:  Does the lack of a chrome lined barrel signify any detriments? I'm assumming durability is one?.....if so, where can I locate a chrome lined barrel in the event this becomes an issue?  Thanks for all the help  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I prefer the chrome lined barrels or the stainless steel barrels.  They're just easier to clean for me.  Although the chrome lining is not really a necessity.  

Chrome lining is harder than Stainless Steel or chrome moly.  Its slicker than SS or Cromoly.  Therefore making it slightly more accurate and about twice as long lasting.

If you using the gun for fun or for light target practice, IMHO you don't need anything but steel or chromoly.

Matt
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top