Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 12:15:47 AM EDT
i bought a pistol a couple weeks ago.  spent a bit of time at the range trying out different ammo.  i had a few FTLs when using Winchester whitebox 115gr FMJ and Federal hi-shok 147 JHP.  it seem that 124gr FMJ is the ideal ammo when using the factory ProMags.  does anybody have recommendations for better magazines?

this gun is easily the most fun to shoot of anything in my collection.  in fact, the only assault pistol that is as much fun is the SP89/MP5.

btw, after a week, i sent the pistol back to Bushmaster to have them check out the FTLs.  i was SHOCKED when i got the pistol back only 6.5 days after i sent it to them.

details about my customer service experience here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=150108

to date, i have the following mods/upgrades:

- polished ramp
- Bushmaster ambidextrous safety
- Trijicon nightsights (wouldn't put them on a rifle, but they are very functional on the pistol)
- Insight M6 taclight/laser w/ pistol remote
- two Yankee Hill 3 slot dovetail angle mounts
- 35mW green laser (Surefire style knockoff, from Hong Kong)

(yes, i know i'm not a photoshop expert)

http://www.blackopssec.com/x/DSC04566-web.jpg
http://www.blackopssec.com/x/DSC04565-web.jpg
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#1]
you sick puppy........................NICE
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used both the factory supplied magazines and the Colt SMG magazines. I have not had a failure ever with this gun but have only used the factory magazines 5 or 6 times. The Colt magazines work very well.

Here is my gun, but it's a work in progress.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
My bushmaster 9mm pistol was flawless after about 600rds fired using colt factory 32rd and the promag 32rd both. It is the most fun pistol /rifle I ever owned myself.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the Colt SMG mag recommendation.  i'll try to pick one up at the gun show today.  :)

as everybody else has noted, this gun is a real blast to shoot.  in fact, they only semi-auto assault pistol type guns that compare, in my experience, are the SP89 (and quality knockoffs) and Calico.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#5]
no-body really,

Have you registered your AR pistol as an SBR?  If not, it is illegal to put a retractable stock on it if I remember correctly.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
NFA - RR
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I dunno why, but this pic makes me wanna sing... "M-I-C-K-E-Y  M-O-U-S-E-"

Edit to fix pic
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey BlackOpsSec

Cool looking piece of equipment man!  I have been wondering , is it possible to comfortably use the buffer tube for shoulder support?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
NFA - RR

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING.KNOK,KNOK.WHOS THERE?ATF is so andso home.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NFA - RR

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING.KNOK,KNOK.WHOS THERE?ATF is so andso home.

I dunno perhaps LEO Sig, $200-, paperwork, wait, wait, wait, and SBR engraving?

It's not that hard. Nor illegal if done. Just lots of waiting. Unless your Sheriff is a Dem.

Should Democrat Sheriffs be illegal?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top