Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 4:29:30 AM EDT
anyone have any experience with these?  thanks all
the agent
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep - it's suh-weeet!  Runs like a top, loud as heck, and fun as all get-out!

CMMG upper w/ Vortex, fluted FF tube, 4-way gas block, YHM FUFS, and DPMS "catapult" BUIS; Aimpoint; and LRB lower built by me w/ ACE pistol buffer.  When you order it you can discuss options for FF tubes and gas blocks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/flcracker/arpistol.jpg

25 yds, modified Weaver stance, supported w/ Spectre single-point sling.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/flcracker/arpistoltarget.jpg

flcracker
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2. They ROCK. CMMG will stand behind anything they sell. If you buy from them you wont be sorry. The one with the YHM handguard and Noveske brake is my latest build. The other picture shows an ADCO shortened RRA 9mm on the left and a CMMG .223 on the right. The lower one with the A2 upper is about a year and a half old and has seen about 3k rounds. Both bump like crazy!!

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]
flcracker,

is that grouping rapid fire, using a sling or what.  sweet rig.  lumberjacker, i like how you think. .....it is all about the fire breathing pig  what rounds are you using?  are they finiky eaters.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
flcracker,

is that grouping rapid fire, using a sling or what.  sweet rig.  lumberjacker, i like how you think. .....it is all about the fire breathing pig  what rounds are you using?  are they finiky eaters.  

The A2 dont like lacquer wolf at all! Lately I've been shooting polymer wolf. It squirts that stuff out like grease. I have always hade good luck with Winchester Q3131. But that stuff is hard to come by in case lots and can be kind of expensive. PLEASE a word of warning. If you build some of these pistols you will find your self buying several case lots of ammo. They are like crack. Once you start its all down hill from there!!! I find myself shooting a minimum of 500 rounds every trip to the range! The best part is to let someone else shoot them amd watch their face light up.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been looking at AR pistols for a while.  Then I saw the CMMG 7.3 several weeks ago.  That was the defining moment.  I ordered one up.  I got it right after the Shot Show. A few accessories later and man, you talk about an animal.  A definite ammo hog.  I have to say that CMMG's customer service is absolutely first rate, as well as the fit & finish of their product.  I will definitely be a repeat customer.  Accessory list (LMT F & R sights, Eotech with YHM riser, Levang Linear Comp, G27 w/gapper, M16 carrier, H2 buffer, Streamlight M3, Beamshot laser, GG&G side sling adapter & Eagle TAS-3 sling.)  Add CLP & M855 and good to go!!!

SnakeEyes  

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:36:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quoted:
flcracker, PLEASE a word of warning. If you build some of these pistols you will find your self buying several case lots of ammo. They are like crack. Once you start its all down hill from there!!!

Amen brother, Amen!!  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've been looking at AR pistols for a while.  Then I saw the CMMG 7.3 several weeks ago.  That was the defining moment.  I ordered one up.  I got it right after the Shot Show. A few accessories later and man, you talk about an animal.  A definite ammo hog.  I have to say that CMMG's customer service is absolutely first rate, as well as the fit & finish of their product.  I will definitely be a repeat customer.  Accessory list (LMT F & R sights, Eotech with YHM riser, Levang Linear Comp, G27 w/gapper, M16 carrier, H2 buffer, Streamlight M3, Beamshot laser, GG&G side sling adapter & Eagle TAS-3 sling.)  Add CLP & M855 and good to go!!!

SnakeEyes  

www.hunt101.com/img/384352.JPG

www.hunt101.com/img/384372.JPG

SWEET Great things come from Missouri! You should see my new Krink pistol! Built by Missouri Custom Armament! I will post pictures soon on the "dark side"
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#8]
snakeyes,
man what kind of flash suppressor is that on your rig.  is that the levang.  that looks crazy.  is it similar to the krink where it sends muzzle flash etc forward instead of to the side.  what kind of flame are yhou seeing.  does it effect poi?  thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:46:38 AM EDT
[#9]
is that grouping rapid fire, using a sling or what. sweet rig.

Slow-ish fire, extended arms in modified Weaver stance to put tension on sling.

It was my first time out with the pistol - not too bad for my orientation session, I guess.

Thanks for the compliment!  flcracker
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
agent,

That is the Levang.  It does a great job of forcing the pressure etc. forward.  Not a bother for the shooter or someone next to you at all.  If you've shot an AR with the mini-y comp, you know how irritating that can be, especially for a bystander.  The Levang completely takes care of it.  It sounds off nice but it diverts away.  I haven't spent the $$$ yet for a Krink but from the posts I've read and my exp. with the Levang I would say they are atleast similar.  I would guess the popularity of the Krink might mean it has some additional advantages???  I'll find out eventually.  I opted for the Levang because it was the perfect fit in the YHM endcap on the freefloat.  As for fire-breathing, the hotter 5.56 mil surplus ammo leaves a nice flame but I didn't notice any flame with the .223 ammo.  POI is stabile.  2nd shot at 10yrds with Eotech and blew a radio antenna in-half off of an old car at the range.  Very consistent at various ranges on paper.  Love my AR's but this whole AR pistol thing is new to me.  I'm really considering another AR pistol down the road before the Libtards try and (tell/legislate) to me or my conservative offspring that we can't have one because they are evil black guns.  If we could just ban all guns then meth & crack & crime & really really bad people would go away and we could all hold hands and sing Kum-Ba-Yah and live happily ever after in the demoncratically controlled peoples republic of Utopia. <rant off>  

Did I mention that I really like this CMMG pistol and CMMG's customer service.

SnakeEyes

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn!  I was hoping I could get away with the 7.3 instead of 7.5.

I have a brand new Grenadier Precision Carbine length handguard (really kick butt piece btw), but there are two thumb screws at the front end for the upper rail.  I plan on mounting a KFH (already have it) but the KFH won't fit between the thumb screws.  I either cut down the thumb screws or trade it off for a DD, Larue, KAC, Troy, Samco rail.

Bummer. That rail is frikken nice.  I don't really want to modify the screws if someone else could use it as is.

I have a DD on my rifle, nice but I like the round monolithic look of this type of HG.

I like the Troy except they forgot to finish the rail.  Those grooves that run down the length ruin if for me.  Diddo on Samco as they look identical.

Well, since you guys seem to like the 7.3 I might give it try.  I wanted the same rate of twist as my rifle and they are the only game in town with 1:7.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top