Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 4:00:38 AM EDT
I just built this ar pistol. I mounted an M6 on the left side, with the pressure switch on the right. When I was at the range testing an sighting it in. I did so at 7 meters. I then got home and thought, the farther the target, the farther to the right the laser will be from the point of impact. I then figured, obviously, that no matter were the laser mounted the "problem" will be the same just a diffren direction.

My question to all of you, is where have you mounted your lasers and at what distance? Do you like the offset to be to one side, or up and down?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:...My question to all of you, is where have you mounted your lasers and at what distance? Do you like the offset to be to one side, or up and down?

The right side, to my way of thinking, is the best. This leaves the top rail open for use of the iron or other type sights such as Dot ect. Also, when you lay the pistol down it's on the left side.  

As to sight in distance, 25yds. is the norm with a AR-15 rifle so that what I used. Others, with more experience with .223 pistols, will be of more help.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Sight your laser in @ 50 to 75 yards.  Use the lowest profile mount you can to minimize the offset.

If you are zero @ 75 yards, then you will be about 2.5 inches off radially at the muzzle - and some fraction of that at ranges between those two extremes.  Unless you are shooting mice, the 3 inch CEP makes no difference to the target...

Lem
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I only plan on using my laser indoors since it's useless during the daytime outdoors.
I have it set at 40' the longest distance in my house.
My M6 is mounted on the botom rail of my forearm
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
i plan on having mine mounting mine on a freefloat probably at the bottom
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:25:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Laser Device Las/Tac mounted on the left side of HG so it is easily turned on with my thumb. Also have it set at 50' This is longest distance in my house and is on a 40 cal upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top