Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:05:06 AM EDT
I have a Bushy carbon 15 pistol 5.56mm.  Was wondering if anyone knew of a recoil reducing device to go with or replace the standard buffer tube.  I know there are some piston type buffer add ons for standard AR's.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
here's discussion on two of the better ones available imo.

i got mine from twl which is the mgi rep here at arfcom

i use the mgi in all my rifles and right now i am running a dpms couterweight buffer which was included with the buffer tube i bought off a member here, it was free so i am using it right now but with the mgi it works great!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I read some of that disscussion.  Its a bit long winded.  

I know that some of those pistons will work in other AR pistols due to the bolt carrier being a standard AR size.  However, a Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol has a smaller bolt carrier and the carbon buffer tube is much shorter.  Sorry if I'm running in circles and if you answered this allready, but I think my pistol is different than the ones they are talking about in that link.

So I guess my question is, does anyone make a piston system that would fit the shortened Buffer tube and bolt carrier system on the Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistols?hanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#3]
forgot about the oddball buffer setup in the bushmaster's

think you are pretty much stuck.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking too. I bought an Enidine, it wouldn't work with the pistol buffer tube, but I like the way it works in my carbine. I also bought a Noveske brake, the one with the fire breathing pig, it  doesn't really "reduce" the recoil, but it does make the recoil more straight back, reducing muzzle rise, which makes follow up shots easier. This is on a 10.5" bbl, I haven't tried it on my 7.5", but I think it would make a big difference with it. So far, the brake, is the only thing I know of, to make an AR pistol more user friendly. It quiets them down a whole lot, so if you intend to shoot it often, it is worth the money, just for noise reduction. IMO
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Best bet would probably be to replace the buffer tube with a CAR length pistol tube and run a standard design buffer and spring, if that's not enough then try one of the Enidine or MGI buffers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#6]
One of these days I may upgrade my buffer tube to the longer CAR tube with a full sized bolt carrier.  But I guess until then I'll be stuck with the Standard Bushy Carbon Short Tube.  Oh well.

I was thinking I might be able to use the piston type buffer system to increase my Muzzle velocity and also to help the pistol sight up faster.

I guess when I get my first carbine rifle this summer I'll have to get the Enidine or other type piston recoil systems.  Then I'll redo the buffer system on my pistol to try it out.

Thanks for the feedback!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top