Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2006 3:21:28 PM EDT
I know this is a stretch, but can I put a bipod on my AR15 pistol? I know they are available and have seen bipods for the T/C Contenders series pistols. I don't want to break any laws or become the first person to test this in court either. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO yes, you can put a bipod on an AR pistol.  I is perfectly legal to add a bipod to any other pistol such as the Contender, Encore, XP-100... so why not an AR?  A bipod is not a vertical grip so I see no reason why could not add a bipod is one wants.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IMO yes, you can put a bipod on an AR pistol.  I is perfectly legal to add a bipod to any other pistol such as the Contender, Encore, XP-100... so why not an AR?  A bipod is not a vertical grip so I see no reason why could not add a bipod is one wants.

From what I understand, bipods are ok, but not the type with a handle/bipod.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I am going to be using a Harris bipod, so no pistolgrip/bipod worries. I am just wanting to test the sights and see how it feels with the bipod.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
present and accounted for.

IF you buy the no VFG argument espoused by ATF (which would NEVER EVER EVER hold up in court) then the grip-pod is out.  But my TDI lives on my pistol and the ATF agent who writes me up on this can suck on my legal fees when they get handed to him.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:13:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks great. I really like that one.

Gene
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:42:11 AM EDT
[#6]
setup has since changed, but I'm proud to report 2 inch groups using iron sights at 50 yards.  That's about as far as my eyes can see so I'm happy.   I knew she'd be capable, but I didn't realize how damned comfortable.  Once I found a good firing stance, I was getting about 4 inch groups standing up.  And with the target at 21 feet it was all over.  VERY happy.  She's sits next to my bed at night now with a jungle clipped pair of mags in her.

I'm brining the bipod next time instead of a bench rest.  It really fits the pistol great, but too bulky for 'side of bed' duty!

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:10:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
present and accounted for.

IF you buy the no VFG argument espoused by ATF (which would NEVER EVER EVER hold up in court) then the grip-pod is out.  But my TDI lives on my pistol and the ATF agent who writes me up on this can suck on my legal fees when they get handed to him.

i1.tinypic.com/mwr0ih.jpg
i1.tinypic.com/mwr0bn.jpg

i1.tinypic.com/mwr3aq.jpg
i1.tinypic.com/mwr414.jpg

I like your build, what did the bete cost you? I paid $230 out the door for mine at the GS in Lansing this weekend. What is the brand of bi-pod that you ar using?

This is exactly like my build except the barrel is only 7-1/2" and no bipod.  Only 3/4 of an inch of the Bird cage flash hidder sticks out the end of the free float tube. For the gas block, I used an old A2 front sight and cut it down to fit inside the float tube. I then drilled and taped 2 No. 8-32 set screws to the bottom of the "sight/gas block"  to hold it in place.  It functions perfecly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Recieved my bipod and LaRue mount. Went to the range. It actually works pretty well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I clicked on this thread thinking it was a JOKE.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top