User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:01:08 AM EDT
They updated their site this morning.

.223 HERE

9mm HERE

Thought you AR pistol guys would like to know that there's another option in the factory AR rifle pistol world.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
cool
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I see they are using a CAR length Buffer tube which will NOT accept a Stock , good move.
Hopefully they will sell that part separately.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I see they are using a CAR length Buffer tube which will NOT accept a Stock , good move.
Hopefully they will sell that part separately.

RB PRECISION has the buffer tube here is the thread link to it.

RB buffer tube
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Really wish Colt 9mm mags weren't so much
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice, I think I need a new SBR project!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, looking at the pictures... doesn't it make them all SBRs? And then you'll need the specific tax stamp to own it, right?

And wouldn't that make purchasing it a much harder process? (Time for submittal, processing by BATFE, etc)

Or am I missing something?
If someone (LE or legal type) could jump in here?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope!  They are pistols.  Why would you think they were SBR's.  Read the Letter from ATF on AR pistol builds first in the forum.

Anyone notice RRA is selling lowers marked "Pistol Only".  My Bushy Carbon 15 does not say this.  Least I don't think it does.  I believe mine just says .223 / 5.56mm pistol.

Just wondering if you can still build up an RRA receiver that says "Pistol Only" into a Rifle and then back into a pistol?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Moron, (Sory)

Because these guns come from the factory as a pistol and they have never had a buttstock attached to them, they are considered pistols by the ATF. You can purchase one the same way you would purchase any pistol.

If you want to ad a stock to one of these (as I would), you must register it with the ATF as a Short Barrel Rifle ($200.00 tax). After this the gun would be deemed a rifle (short barrel).

I think RRA is placing pistol only markings on thier recivers for thier own benifiet, hence they dont acidently place a stock on one of these, they will always be virgin pistol recievers and are marked as such. These markings should not have any implications as to changing the status of a pistol to SBR.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
RPD20,

Thx...

So we are looking at this as a pistol until someone changes the recoil tube for a buttstock (or stock), at which time it becomes a SBR.

Still, with the general look of a shortie, I'd hate to have to explain myself to LE and constantly care around paper work to prove it. At that point, you might as well get the tax stamp and make it "legit" and apparent/obvious to anyone that it is.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Doing the SBR thing and "making it legit", is realy quit easy. As Tom Petty says, "the waiting is the hardest part".

I may need to get one of these, 10.5 inch .223, and SBR it.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
RRA is now offering .223 and 9mm AR pistols.
WIZZO

F@ckr$
6 months ago, I asked RRA for a 9mm pistol barrel.
I was told they did not make them and had no plans to do so.
Either they someone lied to me, or they changed their mind REAL fast AND went into production REAL fast.

If I sound bitter, it's because I am.I really wanted wanted my 2 9mm pistol builds to be from RRA parts. Hell, I would have bought 2 complete pistols, if they would have told me they were working on it.  I still like RRA products. I'm just a little miffed, that I had to scrounge all over, to get individual parts from various mfgs, when I could have bought two complete ones from RRA.
OK, I'm done now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweet.  No more cutting down carbine uppers!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
RRA is now offering .223 and 9mm AR pistols.
WIZZO

F@ckr$
6 months ago, I asked RRA for a 9mm pistol barrel.
I was told they did not make them and had no plans to do so.
Either they someone lied to me, or they changed their mind REAL fast AND went into production REAL fast.

If I sound bitter, it's because I am.I really wanted wanted my 2 9mm pistol builds to be from RRA parts. Hell, I would have bought 2 complete pistols, if they would have told me they were working on it.  I still like RRA products. I'm just a little miffed, that I had to scrounge all over, to get individual parts from various mfgs, when I could have bought two complete ones from RRA.
OK, I'm done now.

Yeah. I was talking to the head armorer just a couple weeks ago and asked about chrome-lined 20" barrels (like I had last fall also) and if they were going to offer them.

His answer was "No. We would have to buy 100 barrels and we don't think there is enough demand out there to justify having that many barrels on hand for rifles and spare parts."

As of today, RRAMODERATOR stated that they will be offering chrome-lined 20" barrels because they are starting up M16 production and their M16's will be coming with chrome-lined barrels. They will also offer the barrel as an upgrade to their standard 20" rifles and you'll be able to buy the barrel as well.

Oh well, at least I'm getting what I wanted. Now I just need to find the money

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:44:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I am glad to see the RRA pistols. I already bought the bushmaster carbon 15 9mm which is working out great,but I may very well buy a RRA pistol this year also I like the looks of them!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top