Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2006 5:50:11 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I can pick one up cheap?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
they pop up from time to time in the ee, other than that probably order direct from ace?.

dsg, a site supporting dealer offers them too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Rguns stocks most of them:

http://rguns.net/010_page10.html

Dave W.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Dave W.

i would rather burn my money before ordering from rguns.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:16:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Just my experience, but I ordered mine directly from ACE.  Promptly broke off the sling stud by torquing it down too hard.  One quick call to ACE, and three days later I had a replacement part - free.

flcracker
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:13:09 AM EDT
[#5]
the rb precision pistol stock w/ ace foam tube is a cheap alternative.

search them in the ee.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave W.

i would rather burn my money before ordering from rguns.

What's up with Rguns? Did you have a bad experience with them? Let me know so I don't make the same mistake.

Dave W.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got my tube in. Is it just me or did I get suckered into buying 1/2 of a real stock?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I like my ACE setup alot
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#9]
On their first design for the clamp, they used a 12 point internal wrench nut to clamp it down and hold on the sling swivel.

Why I have no idea, finding a tool that fits is next to impossible.  All the auto part stores carry the next size up and I cannot even find one online.  I went to check ACE's site and I see they now have an improved clamp where the sling and the clamp nut are separate.

I think I will call ACE and buy the updated part if I have to, it seems the old ones were loosening up probably because noone could find the proper tool.  Rather spend $20 on the new clamp than $20 on a tool I will never use again.

Plus the new clamp seems to have a true 360 swivel.  I hate buying stuff when it first comes and then by when I actually find time to use or assemble it, find there is already an improved part out there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
On their first design for the clamp, they used a 12 point internal wrench nut to clamp it down and hold on the sling swivel.

Why I have no idea, finding a tool that fits is next to impossible.  All the auto part stores carry the next size up and I cannot even find one online. I went to check ACE's site and I see they now have an improved clamp where the sling and the clamp nut are separate.

I think I will call ACE and buy the updated part if I have to, it seems the old ones were loosening up probably because noone could find the proper tool.  Rather spend $20 on the new clamp than $20 on a tool I will never use again.

Plus the new clamp seems to have a true 360 swivel.  I hate buying stuff when it first comes and then by when I actually find time to use or assemble it, find there is already an improved part out there.

Possibly a torques type socket?  And maybe in metric....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#11]
http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/

Go to the Stocks & Grips section.  Usually has a good price.  Has always shipped quickly (USPS I am afraid).  Also has excellent buffers.  I have them in all the guns I have for which he makes a buffer.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top