Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:54:11 PM EDT
I know I will get a "just pull the trigger response" but I am curious if you can acurately aim them.  Can you use the buffer tube against your shoulder to steady it?  

Thanks for the response
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The one I built has a pistol buffer with a foam pad and you simply put your cheek on the pad and blasted away like a rifle with no stock. No stock is needed. Low recoil. keep your elbows out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Grip forgrip, mag well area w/ one hand.  Grip pistol grip with other.  Point forwrad all the way... sight as w/ pistol.  If barrel is long, a front rest helps......
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Poorly, but thanks for asking.  Solution?  SBR
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
with good hearing protection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took both of mine over to a buddies place to shoot one afternoon.  He said "how the he!! ya gonna hit anything with that".  We proceded to shoot and the more we shot the wider open his mouth fell open.  We both accually hit very well with them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
FROM THE HIP!

DUH!

Now go buy yourself a Beta mag and have at her!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Aim at it and pull the trigger, but I hate destroying my guns!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually, you CAN aim this weapon very well.

Attach a m-16 sling or shoulder strap to the rear sling lug in a "single" connection mode, leaving the front sling ring off. So one big loop or both strap ends connected to the same sling lug ring.

When you raise the weapon, you extend it out until the sling is tight and you are PUSHing forward to create stability.

At this point, you can raise it to eye level just like it was a rifle (but with not stock) and aim it
OR
Fire the first couple of rounds and "walk" it on to the target.

I find that you can be pretty accurate (not percise) with it this way.
Keep in mind, it is a very short barrel and I would only expect decent results at and under 50 yards.

Very fun to shoot ANYWAY you decide to shoot it. I love mine. More than the HK SP89 clone I have.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Same way you shoot a rifle, just no stock..

Cheek weld on the buffer tube.. look down the sights, and you are good to go :)

Off hand I can easily hit an 8x11 sheet of paper 8 out of 10 times at 100 yards... I'm not very good, but that's good considering I havn't practiced much with it(this damn Washington rain, and when it's not raining I'm working and when I get home it's dark!).
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top