Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 4:30:03 PM EDT
If you wanna put your opnion in fine, but PLEASE base it on a quoted or linked law, statute or official document.  PLEASE!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:08:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:09:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
here's a thread started not too long ago on the topic.

not the important part:

that letter is insane and just wrong.  I would not be surprised to see a different response posted very soon from teh ATF.  The part claiming it's not a pistol with a VFG is deliberately kept vague.  The sentences about how it isn't a rifle or SAW are qualified, yet the sentence re: pistol is not.  

the important part:
Still doesn't answer the question of a NON PERMANENT vfg.  What the letter in teh previous thread is INFERRING (the weasels don't explicitly say it cause it would never hold in court) is that with a VFG, such a creation is designed to be fired with two hands.  BUT if the pistol has an OPTIONAL vfg, there is no such vagueness.....

I'm not a huge fan of VFG's in general, but until I see that a non-permanent VFG on a PISTOL creates a AOW, then I don't see a problem....
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top