User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2005 2:01:49 PM EDT
Completly finished!

I used the following:

CMMG 10.3" upper, complete with bolt, carrier and charging handle
Cloud Mt. Lower
Unknown LPK, got it from CMMG so I assume it was probably DPMS?
Colt Carry Handle

At work right now, so I can't try it till tomorow(be dark by the time I get home tonight).

Added December 31 2005:

Got to shoot it today. All I can say is *WOW*. It's loud, but worked 100% through the 60 rounds I put through it.

I shot 20 rounds of American Eagle .223 first just to make sure it functioned, then shot 40 rounds of Wolf. Function was 100% on both the AE and the Wolf. I'm not too surprised, CMMG pretty much told me it would run, and it is doing just that!

Accuracy.. well I didn't shoot paper, and the farthest I shot was probably 20-25 yards. Shot pop cans. It was easy to shoot, was a little different getting a cheek weld on the buffer tube, but it worked just fine. Was able to get off double taps both hitting the cans.

Overall, I'm very happy with this. I haven't got any complaints with my upper or lower, and I have a lot of praise for CMMG's service and people. They've done me right with this, and were helpful in helping me make my choice.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn nice!  That's my next build.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
be careful with that thing.................

make sure you "get rid" of that stock.

BTW.....................awesome rig dude
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No worries, that's not a stock, it's a buffer tube.  Oh, and it would look sweet wrapped in black para cord.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No worries, that's not a stock, it's a buffer tube.  Oh, and it would look sweet wrapped in black para cord.

why not go with a pistol bugger tube then?? that looks kinda corny with a reg buffer tube....but thats just me.........
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the Ace pistol buffer tube, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm gonna wrap the tube in paracord like a couple I've seen in the pic thread, or perhaps the McNett Marpat camo stuff I've seen. Havn't quite decided yet.

I wanted to use a standard CAR castle nut and end plate. Easy enough to get a cheek weld on, and standard slings and such fit. Going to fit it with a Troy sling I think, or make my own.

And in all honesty, I think the CAR tube looks better than a plane jane pipe coming off the back.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:53:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks great, I'm working on mine. Hope to have it done before NEXT christmas..  lol

Gene
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think what Rogue meant was if that is a Std Carbine Buffer tube, then it would be easily convertible into a SBR and thus illegal.  Think it was in the FAQ about it cant have a stock easily added to it.  Therefore if it is a std carbine buffer tube then IT IS easily convertible.  I would try to find a buffer tube that won't allow you to add a Stock to it.

Just to be safe.  Other than that, its a nice gun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree about the car stock buffer tube.
With the standard tube you have on there now all you have to do is pull the car lever away from the stock all the way and then slide the buttstock on and "poof" you have SBR.
to stay away from any troubles it is reccommended to put a smooth round buffer tube.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I agree about the car stock buffer tube.
With the standard tube you have on there now all you have to do is pull the car lever away from the stock all the way and then slide the buttstock on and "poof" you have SBR.
to stay away from any troubles it is reccommended to put a smooth round buffer tube.

Or somehow make it not just a slide-on operation to attach a stock.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#11]
honestly as easy as it is to put a car stock on that tube, its just as easy to take secure a standard stock and to a standard tube, with an electric screw driver,  i bet their is a diffrence of about five to ten seconds if that

have fun with it and if they want to get you they will get you

only safe bet is the pistol buffer assembly
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, as I've read those letters any ol' buffer tube is okay. Just having a stock for that tube is not.

And I don't have a car stock.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, as I've read those letters any ol' buffer tube is okay. Just having a stock for that tube is not.

You don't have one for or on ANY of your other guns? You may be flirting with trouble. I'd play it safe and just get another buffer tube. It is the matter that you can attach the stock with out tools. But I am no expert on AFT/NFA rulings.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't have one for or on ANY of your other guns? You may be flirting with trouble. I'd play it safe and just get another buffer tube. It is the matter that you can attach the stock with out tools. But I am no expert on AFT/NFA rulings.

You may or may not be an expert, but you sure got some sweet SBR and Pistol toys now don't you!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad some of you folks can read the stickies..

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=122&t=245366

After I post this, please quit trashing this thread. I know some of you are trying to be helpful, but when it's contrary to letters coming from the mouth of the BATFE, it's hard to regard as fact.

ANY buffer tube can be used to assemble an AR15 pistol. If you read the letter, you are fine if YOU DO NOT POSSES THE STOCK THAT GOES ON THAT TUBE. I do not posses a shoulder stock for ANY AR15 rifles at this time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:47:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think what Rogue meant was if that is a Std Carbine Buffer tube, then it would be easily convertible into a SBR and thus illegal.  Think it was in the FAQ about it cant have a stock easily added to it.  Therefore if it is a std carbine buffer tube then IT IS easily convertible.  I would try to find a buffer tube that won't allow you to add a Stock to it.

Just to be safe.  Other than that, its a nice gun.

Thanx, thats was what I meant. Usually when anybody even myself see's a buffer tube on a pistol, and
I mean a buffer tube from a stock set where there is no stock but a buffer tube alone.............
Theres probably a stock at home hidden. I know there is alot of people that doesnt follow everything,
but thats is up to the person that owns the firearm. Everybody here has done something that could get them
in a lot of trouble, but if everybody followed the exact letter of the "law" there would not be any agency
inforcing stupid by-laws.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:14:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn, that pistol looks nice!!

Thanks for spreading the sickness!!

ETA  Never heard of Cloud Mountain, got any info?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:32:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Good choice on the total package, now I want one!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top