Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2005 1:22:23 PM EDT
I am not looking to build my own I want a complete pistol. I was looking at one of these Bushmaster AZ-C15 P97S .The guy is selling it for $900 .Can anyone give me some advice is this a good AR pistol
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am not looking to build my own I want a complete pistol. I was looking at one of these Bushmaster AZ-C15 P97S .The guy is selling it for $900 .Can anyone give me some advice is this a good AR pistol
www.hunt101.com/img/358060.jpg

I got the 27s. I havent gotten to shoot it yet, but it is really light.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one that was built by someone else cheaper than that but the two that I built myself set up the way I wanted with new parts was a lot more than that.  I don't know how well this particular model works but it looks like a good buy to me.  JMO
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Build it yourself out of better parts, cheaper, and most of all build it how you want it. Lot's of resources for that stuff.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Build it yourself out of better parts, cheaper, and most of all build it how you want it. Lot's of resources for that stuff.

Ditto. I built a hybrid setup.

Used a standard lower and upper.

Used a bushy bolt carrier and buffer, and a M1S pistol buffer tube and guide.

It's awesome.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto. I built a hybrid setup.

Used a standard lower and upper.

It's awesome.

DPMS makes an upper that would work great with the bushy tube set up.....

Personally, I went the easy route using a standard CAR tube..
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I don't like the CAR tube. Too fricken long. That's what an SBR is for
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't like the CAR tube. Too fricken long. That's what an SBR is for

One of these days I'll probably buy a spare carrier to chop down.. used ones pop up all the time for not very much money so. The bushy tube system looks sooo much better than the car tube.

Only disadvantage seems to be diassembly?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Where can I  find a AR pistol lower. I know gunbroker has alot of pistol uppers but I havent seen anyone one selling a lower strickly for a AR pistol
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Where can I  find a AR pistol lower. I know gunbroker has alot of pistol uppers but I havent seen anyone one selling a lower strickly for a AR pistol

jsut buy any old stripped lower receiver. Jsut make sure it's never been assembled, and you might want to have the dealer mark it as a pistol. You can do the stripped lower thing too, but if it's marked a complete rifle, you coudl have problems.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I found a DPMS AR-15 pistol lower can I run a bushmaster pistol upper on a DPMS. I am sorry if these are dumb questions I am a new to this
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:10:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I found a DPMS AR-15 pistol lower can I run a bushmaster pistol upper on a DPMS. I am sorry if these are dumb questions I am a new to this

Yep , if its a standard AR lower any upper should fit on it.

Make sure that DPMS lower was never papered as a rifle before you slap a pistol upper
on it though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok I just found out the DPMS AR-15 pistol lower was log as a pistol on paper. I am defiitly going to get it. After doing reseach it is alot cheaper building your own. Thanks for the advice guys .
I will take pics on how my build is going when I get the parts in
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This is what I'm building right now.  No problems with the M1S tube and the BM BC?  I heard that the M1S tube is a little shorter than the Bushy one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ok I just found out the DPMS AR-15 pistol lower was log as a pistol on paper. I am defiitly going to get it. After doing reseach it is alot cheaper building your own. Thanks for the advice guys .
I will take pics on how my build is going when I get the parts in

What are you getting for an upper?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

This is what I'm building right now.  No problems with the M1S tube and the BM BC?  I heard that the M1S tube is a little shorter than the Bushy one.

It is. a little shorter. However, you do have the ability to adjsut the length with the M1S tube. The one thing you want to watch out for is that the bushy buffer tends to wear out quicker with teh M1S kit. The metal on rubber beats the hell out of the buffer. I ended up putting a rubber plumbing washer on the end of the M1S guide rod, and it helps alot. Sometimes engaging the bolt catch is a bit difficult, but it works.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Is the Bushmaster forearm/rail grip propriotary?  Meaning, can it be placed on anything else?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top