Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:45:00 PM EDT
I've got a question on the ACE pistol buffer tube kit.  Can I use a standard ambi. sling plate on this setup or do I have to use the ACE plate setup?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I scored a couple of pistol buffer tubes from RB Precision. $25 each. They are carbine length entry stock tubes but they have a longer threaded front end. You can put an ambi plate on the tube and it will be long enough to catch the buffer retaining pin! The but end of the tube is not threaded so you cant install the stock screw. They work great. All you have to do is take a dremel tool to the ambi plates notch and remove a little material. The plate notch is there to slide in the groove in the retracting stock tube and it wont fit over the threads. No big deal. R B Precision also sells the ambi plates and foam pads.  Look here, Equipment Exchange •  AR15 Parts - New - Lower Receiver •  AR15 Pistol buffer tubes $20.00 in stock now, uses car spring and buffer  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Poll added
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
ummm.... have you called ACE and asked them?

flcracker
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top