Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2005 11:08:49 AM EDT
I am going to start my 11 1/2" Pistol build. I want to use the Bushmaster buffer tube system. I want to modify one of my spare carriers to work with it. I need the deminsions for it, detailed pics would be nice!

One other qeustion can I use a side sling adapter with this buffer system, or is that a no-go.

Thanks-
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like dimensions also.

BushMaster short buffer
You will have to call Bushmaster to order the parts:     Sales Department:  1-800-998-7928

#AZ15078 -- $7.95 -- Buffer Tube
#AZ15009 -- $16.95 -- Buffer
#AZ15012 -- $2.95 -- Buffer Spring
#AZ15267 -- $75.95 -- Bolt Carrier w/Key installed

Found this picture:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/georgemu1/PublicView/BMpistolBuff.jpg
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Source of BM buffe   Scroll down to the pics.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=122&t=200876&page=17
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am going to start my 11 1/2" Pistol build. I want to use the Bushmaster buffer tube system. I want to modify one of my spare carriers to work with it. I need the deminsions for it, detailed pics would be nice!

One other qeustion can I use a side sling adapter with this buffer system, or is that a no-go.

Thanks-

I ordered the Bushmaster Carbon 15 parts.  I do not recommend cutting/modifying a standard bolt carrier as a substitute for this setup.  It has not been proven to work.  Side sling adapters will not work.  The Carbon 15 buffer tube OD is larger than standard CAR tubes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the replys-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ordered the Bushmaster Carbon 15 parts. I do not recommend cutting/modifying a standard bolt carrier as a substitute for this setup. It has not been proven to work. Side sling adapters will not work. The Carbon 15 buffer tube OD is larger than standard CAR tubes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

could the sling adapter be widened out and work?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a MI rear sling adapter that I was going to use, but the ID was too small for the tube.  There was not enough material to widen the ID of the sling adapter.  I don't know if there are other brands that might work.  Something else to keep in mind is, it will have to be thin (around 1/16") at the top so it will not contact the charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Delete
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks-hr

I ordered the Bushmaster Carbon 15 parts.  I do not recommend cutting/modifying a standard bolt carrier as a substitute for this setup.  It has not been proven to work.  Side sling adapters will not work.  The Carbon 15 buffer tube OD is larger than standard CAR tubes.

What were the problems with the modified carriers?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:22:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks-

What were the problems with the modified carriers?

I don't know because it has not been done.  I haven't read any results about modified B/Cs working with the Carbon 15 buffer system.  Check here.  Read BadgerArms post on pages 14 & 17.    
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:23:23 AM EDT
[#9]
_________________________________________________________________________________________-
Originally posted by:BadgerArms here
Team Member Bronze Contributor

Not sure if anybody remembers, but I was having spacers made for cut bolt carriers to work in lieu of the Bushmaster bolt carriers? Well, I've got them anyhow. Have to try it out still. To refresh, the standard bolt carrier turns into a "Tuning Fork" with the top and bottom open if you cut it to the same length as the Bushmaster pistol carrier. So, I had a machinest turn spacers so that the buffer tube sits slightly further back allowing the bolt carrier to be cut about 1/8" back. This gives the carrier an arch in the back for more support and only adds 1/8" to the length of the pistol. It saves you from having to get a whole new bolt carrier, though. Just cut the one you have.

"I just couldn't stop pulling the trigger!" -- Quote from my daughter the first time she shot a semi-automatic.
Posted :: 7/6/2005 2:04:30 AM EDT
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the links guys-

I geuss I will have tio IM BadgerArms about the spacers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#11]
IMHO you are asking for trouble using a modded buffer and carrier just to save 2" and 8oz.

It's not like an 11.5 AR is gonna be concealable or lightweight anyway.

( I have a 7.5" home build BTW )

Read through the pistol threads again.
There are several ways to use a standard buffer system and carrier.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#12]
other people are allready running this system with no problems, the Bushmaster b/c and buffersetup is very reliable. It will save you the length as you said. An 11 1/2 may not be as concealable as a 7 1/2 but it will be alot more effective.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top