Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2005 5:39:22 PM EDT
I have a new OA-98 with less than 100 rounds through it and am disappointed with it. It has two issues:

The first is the barrel shroud. During its first outing only one 30 round clip was shot and the top screw that held the shroud fell out and as a result of this the recoil stretched the holes in the shroud where the other two screws were. They are now two big to hold securely. In my mind this is unacceptable first for the the factory screw to fall out during the first clip and then the holes to stretch.

The second issue is that it is does not seem reliable. In it's second outing it had numerous FTF which seem strange since it was flawless during the first outing. I was using Federal Lake City 55 grain FMJ.

The only solution that I see for the shroud is to remove it and replace it with the Free Flote Tube which is ok in TX.

When I talked to OLY they said this could be done but the would not comment on the barrel shorud issue even when I brought the issue up specifically. I own three OLY rifles and have been satisifyed with them but not the OA98.

I am hoping that the FTF issues is a break in issue. Does anyone else have a FTF Issue with the OA98. I would like to hear your suggestions.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
i had so mant ftf isues with mine, it got put in the safe,and i think its rotting in there....my op,junk.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Strange.... maybe they've been cranking them out since the ban just to satisfy the "demand"......

A factory set up is a pricey toy to have sitting around.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a new manufacture OA-93 back in July I've only shot it twice about 200 rounds 40 were old military ball ammo and the rest was reloads I got from a friend of mine. the old mil stuff had more recoil than the reloads but all went bang and cycled fine.

Hope you get it figured out.

Shing
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Have had no problem with mine.

Have had it for almost 2 yrs now.

The only issue I have is with the shroud...I also would like to put a free float tube on mine.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top