Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 1:57:47 PM EDT
I've had mine for almost 3 years now. Aside from it being too tight in the chamber, which Bushmaster fixed under warrenty, and the non standard bolt carrier, I've been having a "blast" with it for a while now. It's nice to see more people getting into the game with the pistol version after it was considered a black sheep for so long.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a pro ordnance pistol

I can't hit shit with it...so I built a new one based on regular AR parts with a 10.5 barrel.

The 10.5 barrel really makes a difference, I am hitting targets past 100 yards with ease.

The pro ordnance pistol is just sitting in the safe now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
3 years ago I didn't do my homework on the P.O. Plus the kitchen table dealer I know was pushing it on me for his cost.
As it is, it has no real re-sale, so I've gotten to the point where I can hit 12" plates at 100 yards. It's fun to put on one of those crank handles made for a .22 and rip off 30 round magazines of Wolf in under 5 seconds too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
So what's the real downside to these pistols?
Professional Ordnance is bankrupt.
Sights appear to have limited adjustment?
Uses a lot of proprietary parts?
The bolt is the weakest link?
No resale value? A working unit must have some dollar figure attached to it?
If Bushmaster bought the design any help from them for parts in the future?

Saw one available locally so any other thoughts? TIA
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top