Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2005 7:15:32 PM EDT
I see "to LEO/MIL only" in their ads, can we get the kitty kat uppers?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I see "to LEO/MIL only" in their ads, can we get the kitty kat uppers?

Yes you can buy them just don't do it from DPMS. There are several dealers who sell them way below the MSRP of $600.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
DPMS has a bad case of CYA syndrome.  They would not sell me one no matter what, but they would sell the barrel only, go figure.  Anyway, I got my Kitty Kat through CMMG and got something you will often not get from DPMS, good customer service!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I see the prices on these uppers AINT CHEAP!  would you say they are more accurate than other 7 inchers out there since they are 'factory' uppers?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DPMS has a bad case of CYA syndrome.  They would not sell me one no matter what, but they would sell the barrel only, go figure.  Anyway, I got my Kitty Kat through CMMG and got something you will often not get from DPMS, good customer service!

They (DPMS) sold me mine back in Jan-99 with a Form-1.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, but that was with a Form 1.  There is no need for a form 1 AOW or SBR when building a pistol with a less than 16 inch barrel and the decision for them (DPMS) not to sell <16 inch uppers to the average Joe for pistol builds has nothing to do with federal or state law and everything to do with DPMS being afraid of their own shaddow.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#6]
...most likely CYA....

...they must be following in Colt's shoes.....

...its legal to sell, but to "politically correct"......

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I am authorized to make purchases on my friend's FFL and we have bought numerous items from DPMS. They will not sell a shorty upper or barrel to a non C3 dealer period even though it is legal to do so. When asked why they just said it was company policy.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am authorized to make purchases on my friend's FFL and we have bought numerous items from DPMS. They will not sell a shorty upper or barrel to a non C3 dealer period even though it is legal to do so. When asked why they just said it was company policy.

....as most guessed, a CYA for them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Same as SIG selling "automatic" kinves to public safety personnel only. There is no law in FL stating that automatic knives can only be sold to PS personnel, only that you must be a CWP holder. SIG is CYA when it comes to that so I have given all of my business to Benchmade and Gerber instead.

Dealers are locked in on this, the SIG dealers who do carry the knives MUST sign a release stating they will honor the corporate policy and deny sales to civies..
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top