Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2005 3:47:22 PM EDT
In an effort to focus on different areas of the AR pistol...

9mm AR pistol  mag adapters
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Who makes 9mm mag adapters?

Colt - 2 piece pin in
RRA - uses modified UZI mags
Vm HyTech - bottom loading   -uses un-modified UZI mags
ASA- top drop in - uses modified UZI mags
Oly- ???
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
That's sten mags with a SOCOM block right?
Didn't they also have a proprietary magazine/block combo, where the block was part of the mag?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]
yup, oly sells the sten mags welded with a block on the sides but the go for about 65 bucks..

There are a few companies who make the Sten block, all are under 100 bucks most are around 65-70ish...  all do the exact same thing. (hold the sten mag in place) so go with the cheap one and you wont even notice.

-Jason
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
yup, oly sells the sten mags welded with a block on the sides but the go for about 65 bucks..

There are a few companies who make the Sten block, all are under 100 bucks most are around 65-70ish...  all do the exact same thing. (hold the sten mag in place) so go with the cheap one and you wont even notice.

-Jason

Guy in the EE is selling them for $50 shipped right now.  I bought one and it is quality.

I like the Oly style better then the others (except the pin in Colt).  The others seem to use set screws.  I dont like the idea of having screws puch on my lower receiver to hold a block in.  people have cracked their receivers this way.

I feel sten mags are dirt cheap right now.  They can be found at guns shows for $5 and from tapco for $4.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#6]
the ASA is drop in,  if I remember right.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the ASA is drop in,  if I remember right.

Yes, they drop in from the top.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a VMhytech mag block. It looks and works good, BUT it doesn't accept ALL UZI mags.

I don't mean certain mags don't cycle well.
I mean you litterally can't get the mag into the adapter.
I unerstand hight tollerances and slight fitting.  However, I took sand paper and wood dowel/block to the mag well. I got almos NO improvement. One mag that required a vice and rubber mallet, now only requires both hands to pull the mag out of the block. That with the block out of the gun.
Are the any tricks to "boring out" the mag mag well?
I'm thinking dremmel, but don't have the wand attachment. So it won't reach.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top