Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2017 9:26:55 AM EDT
I am looking for handguard suggestions for a AR308 build (DPMS style).
I will be using a Superlative Arms 0.750 Adjustable Gas block (Bleed-off and Clamp-on) which has a total height of 1.46”and 0.93 width.
I want a 14-15" M-Lok style HG and preferably on the lighter side. I don’t need a full rail on top, but it is not a deterrent in my choice. The only options that I will install are a back-up front sight and a bi-pod underneath.
Thanks for your input
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Fortis makes a good product and has superb customer service.

What ever rail you decide to go with, pay close attention to the rail height.

Good luck with your build.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I looked at Fortis and in particular to the Switch series - have you tried one?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I ended up with a JP MkIII 15.5" on mine.

In hindsight, I should've gotten an SLR.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]
SLR is what you seek.  I have one on my 308 and 556.  I think they are one of, if not the finest hand guards on the market.  Between the weight, quality, and options, you'd be hard pressed to find a better one.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]
OdinWorks. Plus, very light, but insanely strong.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I went with a 2A to match the Xanthos.  Very light and just wide enough to let me nest a YHM Phantom Ti into it on my 12.5" barrel without touching.  It's close, real close, but does not touch.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top