Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 10:50:50 AM EDT
Has anyone been able to obtain and try out the new GII extractor, part number F304934 ( link )?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The G2 parts seem to be unobtainium.
I own a G2 and this extractor seems to work well. I once owned a large frame DPMS .308 rifle with the old style extractor. This rifle had ejection issues. I added an o-ring and the ejection problems worsened. Removed it and ejection went back to where it was. I look back now and realize it was over gassed but the extractor didn't fail. Eventually replaced the factory barrel with a Fulton Armory/Criterion 18" CL. Still didn't eject as strongly as the G2 but it did work.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont believe that putting a full "tooth" on the extractor does anything for you. Slim chance to none that the tooth width matches the bolt teeth width, and if it did, any load sharing on the extractor would be transferred to the extractor pin, which is way weaker than the bolt body.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
True, but the added section modulus adds to the stiffness of the extractor body. Stiffer is always good. I dont think they put it on there thinking it will lock up in the extension like a bolt tooth.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't believe that putting a full "tooth" on the extractor does anything for you. Slim chance to none that the tooth width matches the bolt teeth width, and if it did, any load sharing on the extractor would be transferred to the extractor pin, which is way weaker than the bolt body.
View Quote

As mentioned above, it's reinforcement.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine bought in Q4 2016 came with the 'tooth' on it.  The bolt is marked "DG3" and had a white "X" drawn on it in marker or something.  Does the original extractor not have this tooth?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I dont believe that putting a full "tooth" on the extractor does anything for you. Slim chance to none that the tooth width matches the bolt teeth width, and if it did, any load sharing on the extractor would be transferred to the extractor pin, which is way weaker than the bolt body.
View Quote

The extractor spine prevents the extractor from snapping off.

Without it, you wouldn't have an extractor for long.

It has absolutely no bearing with the barrel extension teeth.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does the original extractor not have this tooth?
View Quote

Mine has the 60700 extractor: link
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:03:22 AM EDT
[#8]
You are talking about the same part.

One is the kit with the elastomer "spring", the other is the extractor only.

You'd buy the kit to retrofit the new design to a non-GII rifle, you'd buy the extractor if you broke the one your GII came with...which I've not heard of happening yet.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top