Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2016 1:47:30 AM EDT
Well today bought a christmas present for my self, a leapold vx r patrol scope. 500 out the door.

The choice of rifles to put it on a 6.5 grendel and 6.8 spc still waiting to be assemble.

Use will be for hunting and plinking. My self imposed range list Is 300 yards. Game is deer and hogs. Varmints is the coyote.

I chose the scope because I like to walk and stalk when not on the stand.

I am leaning to put the scope on the grendel and a variable 300 on the 6.8.

Thanks

Eta: 1.25x4 model
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Which one? The 1.25-4 or the 3-9?
I'd put it on a QD mount, LaRue by preference, and then try it on both and see which you prefer. If you record the adjustments you could even use it on both indefinitely. I used to do that with a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10 until I put it on a bolt gun with standard rings. I had a zero point for the scope and then each rifle/ammo combo had an adjustment point along with any dope logs from that point. Just two rifles, so it didn't get too silly and most of the time it stayed on one of them. I have a feeling that with a 6.5 and a 6.8 you'll run into the same thing. One of the two is going to quickly become the preferred setup and see the majority of use regardless of the target.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top