Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2016 5:49:05 PM EDT
My buddy sent me these and I am just getting into Grendel. They offer a hair over 50 thou more COAL which is epic! But the real question is "do they work?"

http://www.ammosc.com/6-5-grendel-25-rd-magazine/

Please let me know!
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 10 round version of those and they work fine. IMO if your rifle don't work it's probably something else causing it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the 10 round version of those and they work fine. IMO if your rifle don't work it's probably something else causing it.
View Quote

Hehe thanks for the info. and I don't even have one built yet but I roll my own ammo soo the closer you can get the bullet to the lands the better. I'll be shooting it out to 1400 yards soooo these will be very nice.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got several ASC 6.5 Grendel mags and have only had trouble with one 24 round mag.  I tweaked the feed lips and I tried the faulty mag again today in my new 16" Faxon 6.5 Grendel.  All 24 Wolf 100 grain FMJ steel case ammo functioned properly.  You can get a better price on ASC 6.5 Grendel mags at 44mag.com.  I've ordered from 44mag.com and they are gtg.  I suggest you clean the inside of any new ASC mags as they have a gummy perservative on the inside which can affect proper function.

I also have a 10 round and a couple of 17 round E-Lander mags and I really like them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got several ASC 6.5 Grendel mags and have only had trouble with one 24 round mag.  I tweaked the feed lips and I tried the faulty mag again today in my new 16" Faxon 6.5 Grendel.  All 24 Wolf 100 grain FMJ steel case ammo functioned properly.  You can get a better price on ASC 6.5 Grendel mags at 44mag.com.  I've ordered from 44mag.com and they are gtg.  I suggest you clean the inside of any new ASC mags as they have a gummy perservative on the inside which can affect proper function.

I also have a 10 round and a couple of 17 round E-Lander mags and I really like them.
View Quote

Awesome. Good to know!
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I tested the one troublesome ASC 24 round mag yesterday with 24 rounds of Wolf Steel cased ammo in my 16" Faxon 6.5 Grendel build.   The magazine functioned 100% yesterday.  The magazine would have failure to feed from the left side.  I adjusted the left feed lip to match my other ASC mags and it has been gtg since.  I'm really liking my new Faxon build.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
how is the accuracy on that faxon bro?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#7]
as a former 68er, I'm amazed at how cheap the Grendel has gotten
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
how is the accuracy on that faxon bro?
View Quote

I really haven't had the best conditions or rest but the Wolf 120 grain MPT was giving me 1" groups.  I tried a hand load with a factory 2nd 107 grain SMK with 28.5 grains of IMR 8208 XBR with CCI 450 primers which gave a group just a little less than 1" ctc.   The rifle doesn't need an adjustable gas block and all my empties are landing at 3-4 O'Clock in a nice pile (standard carbine buffer and spring).  I was shooting the Wolf steel case off hand and is very handy rifle.  The rifle weighs 6.4 pounds with no optic or mag with two Keymod panels on a 10" Rousch sports hand guard.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I've used the 10, 15, and 24 round ASC Mags in my 6.5G build and all have performed great. I haven't had any failure to feed. I ordered 3 more of the 24 round a couple weeks ago.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top