Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/2/2016 12:32:34 PM EDT
I'm refabbing my 7 year old Armalite AR10 and need a better trigger.  Recommendations?  The only thing a google search turned up was Jard and Timney.  Is there a pin size I need to look out for?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard sized AR15 triggers and pins

Older Armalite AR10s had a narrow opening for the trigger on the bcg, but I'm pretty sure your's has the wider cut if its only 7 years old. I think they changed it around 2006 or so.

So, pretty much any trigger today will fit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't overlook the Armalite National Match trigger. IMHO it is a very good trigger and priced right as well.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the above I also like the G2S and SSA. I like all those better then HI Speed trigger that I have tried and they are cheaper too...
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't overlook the Armalite National Match trigger. IMHO it is a very good trigger and priced right as well.
View Quote

Armalite makes great triggers. I personally am getting away from 2stage triggers though. Been shooting better with single stage, but that's just my preference.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used Rock River national match with surprisingly good results. Not very expensive and feel great. Nothing beats my G2S and SSA though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I personally am a fan of the LaRue MBT.  I put one in my LR-308 and absolutely love it.  So much so in fact, that I bought 2 more when they went on sale for $99.  But it is still a hell of a deal for $125.  If you need it right away, its gonna cost you another $75.  But well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I.m a big ArmaLite two stage FCG fan.  I have them in my AR-10's and AR-15's.  They use a spring on the disco that you can adjust.  You have three positions for three different pull weights.  My AR-10B is over 10 years old and several thousand rounds, FCG has been perfect.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I personally am a fan of the LaRue MBT.  I put one in my LR-308 and absolutely love it.  So much so in fact, that I bought 2 more when they went on sale for $99.  But it is still a hell of a deal for $125.  If you need it right away, its gonna cost you another $75.  But well worth the wait.
View Quote

This is what I recommend for most uses.  You can get a better trigger but it costs twice as much.  MBT's are great triggers for the money.

Other good triggers include the Geissele G2S, B-G2S-E and High Speed National Match.  I think DPMS still has the G2S for $109 right now.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top