Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2016 8:11:58 PM EDT
As the title says, what am I in for?  I looked around the internet but not a lot of reviews out there so I took the plunge. Anyone have experience with them?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
So I picked up the Diamondback DB10 today. Wow. This thing is nice. Fit and finish is impeccable. Being a billet aluminum upper and lower I thought it would be heavier but it is just right. It has a quad rail keymod handguard that mates perfectly to the upper. Roberts collapsible stock that works flawless. Overall first impression is that this is a very nice rifle. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked a couple of weeks ago and got no replies. Emailed DB and was told no steel cased ammo. Removing gas block and installing an adjustable voided the warranty. There is no PDF file that may shed more light on it on their website. No real reviews on YouTube.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I asked a couple of weeks ago and got no replies. Emailed DB and was told no steel cased ammo. Removing gas block and installing an adjustable voided the warranty. There is no PDF file that may shed more light on it on their website. No real reviews on YouTube.
View Quote

Why no steel cased ammo?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why no steel cased ammo?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why no steel cased ammo?

Again it voids the warranty. Sorry for not making it clear. I'm guessing since it's their Version 1 they prefer to cover themselves. Whether the BCG is Melonite coated or not.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Try a Google search on ANY Diamondback AR.You will have your answers.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Try a Google search on ANY Diamondback AR.You will have your answers.
View Quote

Doesn't work like that. The AR 308 platform doesn't have the continuity of the AR15 platform. Every company does their own thing therefore parts are NOT interchangeable.  Try getting information on the Diamondback DB 10 rifle? No reviews.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
My bad. Missed that it was .308.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Again it voids the warranty. Sorry for not making it clear. I'm guessing since it's their Version 1 they prefer to cover themselves. Whether the BCG is Melonite coated or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why no steel cased ammo?

I get that it voids the warranty. Did they give you any reasoning behind that or was the usual song about non expansion and blow by?

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My bad. Missed that it was .308.
View Quote

That's cool. I've done that more times than I can count.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I get that it voids the warranty. Did they give you any reasoning behind that or was the usual song about non expansion and blow by?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why no steel cased ammo?

Sure didn't but that was the only email I sent asking the 2 questions. On a side note. I didn't know that Taurus Firearms had acquired Diamondback Firearms.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 1:35:45 AM EDT
[#11]
quite a few well known companies state steel will void the warranty and changing the gas blocks.  Don't worry, means nothing and you want your rifle to be able to run on that stuff
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sure didn't but that was the only email I sent asking the 2 questions. On a side note. I didn't know that Taurus Firearms had acquired Diamondback Firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why no steel cased ammo?

I didn't know that either, link?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#14]
You could have bought an Armalite Def-10 for the same or cheaper.

And just to clarify: not all parts on all 308 AR platforms from different manufacturers are proprietary, but they are not all compatible, either.

You should have done research first and then made a decision. With the exception of the Armalite Def-10, I can't think of one good reason to buy a cheap 308 AR.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You could have bought an Armalite Def-10 for the same or cheaper.

And just to clarify: not all parts on all 308 AR platforms from different manufacturers are proprietary, but they are not all compatible, either.

You should have done research first and then made a decision. With the exception of the Armalite Def-10, I can't think of one good reason to buy a cheap 308 AR.
View Quote

And Armalite mags are twice as much, it doesn't come with an upgraded railed forearm and stock as well as Armalite mags are not compatible with my Mossberg MVP. It was still $200 cheaper than the Armalite too. These reasons are what motivated me to go with it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Interesting
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I could walk into a gunstore full of sub $600 AR's blind, pick up any random AR, and chanced are it would be infinitely better than any DB firearm.

What's what you're in for. Or it could be one of the best things in the world.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And Armalite mags are twice as much, ....
View Quote

I got no dog in this fight, but my ARMALITE DEF-10 takes the same mags as everybody else's 308/762 AR

PMAGS, brownells, IMI, etc...

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I got no dog in this fight, but my ARMALITE DEF-10 takes the same mags as everybody else's 308/762 AR

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/derek45/media/AR/ar10brownells_zpsjdbgrtzf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/derek45/AR/ar10brownells_zpsjdbgrtzf.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/derek45/media/AR/ar10brownells_zpsjdbgrtzf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/derek45/AR/ar10brownells_zpsjdbgrtzf.jpg</a>

That I was unaware of. Thank you
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well....yeah you do, sort of....you are the one who convinced me to get my DEF-10 from my thread awhile back!
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I have two. 16 and 18in. Hit 8in steel repeatedly at 100m on first range trip with the 18in using MBUS without any front or rear adjustments. PMC bronze and Win match 168gr.

Ran out of light before I could zero properly but test fire went fine. Working on in depth review with photos that I will post when complete.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have two. 16 and 18in. Hit 8in steel repeatedly at 100m on first range trip with the 18in using MBUS without any front or rear adjustments. PMC bronze and Win match 168gr.

Ran out of light before I could zero properly but test fire went fine. Working on in depth review with photos that I will post when complete.
View Quote

Post a link to your thread here if you would. The weather here has not allowed me to get out and shoot mine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Diamondback Firearms
Click on the above link. Then go to RED highlighted email starting with [email protected]. When you click on it you get "[email protected]" Kind of odd to say the least.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I can't explain the redirect, but what is relevant to the op's question is that it appears that Diamondback now handles their own CS.
This post from an employee explains some of it:
http://www.diamondbackforum.com/index.php?topic=3945.msg7718#msg7718

BTW, the same info link in the cited post goes to a Diamondback address.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top