Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2016 11:08:49 PM EDT
Anderson LR-10 bolt, I noted the extractor to have little to no movement, upon disassembly I found 2 Orings on the spring. I have heard of one but not 2 O rings. Any experience?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
is it broken?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Not broken that I can see, it's my first AR in 308. I just thought there should be a little noticeable movement. So I disassembled the bolt to find the two O rings just gave not heard of 2 O rings before this
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:02:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Try a test fire with just one and check your ejection of shells and placement of spent rounds on the ground.  You can always replace the second ring if you have any issues.  Maybe it is a 308 caliber concern?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#4]
is there a plug in the middle of the spring?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anderson LR-10 bolt, I noted the extractor to have little to no movement, upon disassembly I found 2 Orings on the spring. I have heard of one but not 2 O rings. Any experience?
View Quote

If it functions reliabily, leave it be.
Its not an accident they are there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Aero 308 bolts also have the 2 o rings! I removed one because it was chewing up the cartridge rim really bad! Working good now no more damage to the rim.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#7]
No plug in the middle of the spring
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No plug in the middle of the spring
View Quote
that's why 2 rings. put it together and shoot it...

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Fired weapon today and as was stated above, the rim of brass was chewed up. Remove one of the O rings and shot again with no damage to the rim. All brass had pretty bad flat spot on the case mouth.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top