Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2016 9:52:19 PM EDT
Does anyone make these anymore, or am I doomed to prey on GunBroker indefinitely until I see one? I would prefer the DPMS compatible type, but at this point I'd take an Armalite type and be happy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Fulton Armory has one:  http://www.fulton-armory.com/carryhandletitandetachablewstandardsight.aspx

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he's referring to the A2 style receivers. You might be SOL. The only ones who made them were Armalite and DPMS of I'm not mistaken. Both are discontinued.

I've seen the Armalite ones around, but not lately. Only saw the DPMS as complete rifles, never saw the receiver separate.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Broke my damn heart when Armalite stopped making the A2 style .308......God they were gorgeous.

This gun in a A model would be AWESOME!!!  One of the guys here turned one of these into a Delta HBAR style gun....my God it is sooooooooo pretty.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
That's exactly what I'm looking for--that or the retro type with the vertical charging handle. Oh well. Thanks fellas. Guess this is going to be a long hunting trip.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]
You could try calling armalite. They might have some laying around, or be able to point you in the right direction. Maybe let you know what dealer last ordered some? Maybe not, but worth a shot.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top